What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scrolling question

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a LONG time PC tech/network administrator & never thought I would own a MAC product, but I will admit I love my new 64 gig 3G Ipad 2.

I have what may be a stupid question, but it's driving me nuts. How the heck do you scroll inside a text box??

I was trying to reply to a post here & wanted to selectively scroll within the quote from the original poster (using Perfect Browser), but I couldn't figure out how the heck to do it (it kept trying to scroll the entire screen no matter what I did).

What am I missing here??

~John

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
jmorton10 said:
I am a LONG time PC tech/network administrator & never thought I would own a MAC product, but I will admit I love my new 64 gig 3G Ipad 2.

I have what may be a stupid question, but it's driving me nuts. How the heck do you scroll inside a text box??

I was trying to reply to a post here & wanted to selectively scroll within the quote from the original poster (using Perfect Browser), but I couldn't figure out how the heck to do it (it kept trying to scroll the entire screen no matter what I did).

What am I missing here??

~John

dunno about Perfect Browser, but have you tried the IPF app?

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, I haven't.

I have always just replied from a browser on any forum.

Are you talking about tapatalk??

~John

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
jmorton10 said:
no, I haven't.

I have always just replied from a browser on any forum.

Are you talking about tapatalk??

~John

nope, search for ipad forum in the app store, and dowload discussion forum for ipad users

a lot easier to read/navigate etc this forum than using a web browser :)

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
nope, search for ipad forum in the app store, and dowload discussion forum for ipad users

a lot easier to read/navigate etc this forum than using a web browser :)

OK, that works. I posted this from the ipad app.

I would still like to know how to scroll like I asked however??

~John

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Have you tried two fingers?

1000000497.JPG

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

What am I missing here??

~John

While the text box is open, place two fingers inside the area, touching the screen and leave them there, resting on the screen. Then, you can move around within the text box.

It takes a bit of practice where you figure out how far apart your fingers can be ... and that you have to keep them on the screen to scroll. But, with practice, you'll get good at it (helps to zoom the text box as big as it'll get on the iPad).

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, I had tried that but I guess I just need more practice :)

~John

Most reactions