1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Screen won't dim

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Tallguy67, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Tallguy67

Tallguy67 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello folks,
    I have a configuration problem that started when I upgraded to IOS7 and I am hoping someone can help me. The iPad in question is a model A1396, I believe that makes it an iPad2. I have IOS v7 (downloading 7.0.4 as type this). The configuration I would like is to have the screen auto-dim when I close the cover and only when I close the cover. I do not want it to ever lockup and require a swipe or passcode to access. Does anyone know what combination lockup and auto-dim options will give me this behaviour?

I don't need lockup as the iPad is only used at home but I would like the screen to dim when I close the cover so I don't kill the battery if I forget to plug in the iPad at night. Also, I am sure it isn't good for the iPad to never turn the screen light off.

I have tried searching this forum and see similar questions but not quite the exact configuration/behaviour that I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for help.

Sean
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,534 / 1
    Hi, Sean! Welcome to iPF!

Go to Settings - General.
    There you'll find "Auto-Lock". Tap it and choose "Never". This should have the effect that your device always "stays awake". A bit under that feature, you will see "Lock/Unlock". If you turn it on/enable it, your iPad will lock when you close the iPad cover. Passcode can be turned off, if you prefer it that way, in "Passcode Lock", between those two features.

Hope that helps.
  3. Tallguy67

Tallguy67 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Johanna,
    Thanks very much. That is exactly the outcome I have been hoping for. I have tried so many configurations and have never gotten it quite right. All is working the way I want now. Thanks a million.
  4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,534 / 1
    Glad to help.