What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen will not flip

Ladydi1900

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only displays in landscape can not get it to switch to profile. Any suggestions?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Key the home button twice.
Slide you finger all the way to the left.
See if the screen is locked.
You will see the picture, and it'll be clear for you, I am sure.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The Home button is the little round indentation at the bottom of your iPad --

ipad29.jpg

Once you double tap this button, you should see some icons on the bottom of the screen. (These are the apps that you have used). When you drag your finger to the left across this bottom strip, you should see this --

multi.jpg

The icon on the far right is the screen rotation lock and will indicated if it is locked.

Clear as mud, eh?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What OS is that? On my iPad the rotation lock is far to the left.

OP
L

Ladydi1900

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it out. There is a button above volume that turn it on and off.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it out. There is a button above volume that turn it on and off.

Only if you are running an older version of iOS. When/if you update, the switch next to the volume becomes a mute toggle to turn on/off all system sounds and notifications.

After the update, the rotation lock is where 1991-C4 described, though the controls lay out is slightly different on my iPad.

The 4.3 beta update gives you the option to choose which of these switch does. Chances are this will still be there when the update is released, but no guarantees. Apple really does mean beta features are beta, and has pulled them before for various reasons.

Most reactions