What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Touch Sensitivity

moorebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the screen touch sensitivity be changed - have special needs daughter who can't put much pressure on screen to activate.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not aware that it can be changed although I'm able to operate it with a touch where I can barely feel myself touching the screen.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad screen uses capacitive sensing technology. As such it does not respond to pressure. However, the contact surface of your finger increases as you exert more pressure. The extra surface area increases capacitance, and kind of acts like pressure. You can get the same affect by using the pad of your finger instead of the tip. There is a slight trade off in accuracy, but this should make little difference on a full sized iPad.

Cold hands (low circulation) are also less capacitive than warm hands. Worth holding in mind.

Hope that helps a bit.

Most reactions

Latest posts