What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen smudges and the domestic latex glove

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OP seems to convey that he just uses one index finger with a glove (cut out just for the index finger).
I personally don't have a huge smudge issue. I wipe the screen every few days or so. Sometimes even longer. I think a bigger issue for me is if I've just had a snack or something to make sure I've rinsed my hands enough! Don't want cruddy residue, so in those cases, that's where I am more aware. Smudges from the oil of fingers are another matter and not as concerning to me.

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a apple iPad case last week and it came with a micro fiber cloth. With it, the iPad is shiny and smudge free in a few swipes. Everybody should know when buying any product that has a touchscreen interface smudges and fingerprints are gonna be unavoidable. It shouldn't be big deal.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wash your hands more frequently .......

I wash my hands frequently.

And as a side bonus, you may find that you don't catch a cold as frequently!

Actually most compulsive hand washers are sick more often because they never gain an immunity to anything.
I'm never sick. And I'm not compulsive it's got to do with work and bathroom breaks...and an aging prostate...:p

Don't you hate a handshake with someone with sweaty hands? Yuck!!!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...and an aging prostate...:p
That reminds me... I need to make an appointment with my doctor...

photolibrary_rf_photo_of_doctor_putting_on_gloves.jpg

Too bad this isn't my doctor!

drjuannahummerurologist.jpg

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw. One of good friends told me what two criteria he chooses his doctor by:
"She's gotta have small fingers!":D

Last edited:

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad a lot, but finger condoms?

Just teasing...I wear latex gloves at work, and they're just fine on the track pads.

OP
cogboot

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses and opinions. This thread is pretty amusing when you consider the silliness of the issue at hand, no pun intended...... (I did mention "silliness" in my opening post, didn't I?).
To put things into perspective - no, I don't wear a latex finger condom every time i use the iPad, but I did try it out a few times and was surprised by how well it worked. The smudges on the screen do bother me a bit but I accept that this is a marginal issue of no real importance, we can just write it off as being a minor little quirk of my own, an occasional wipe with a soft cloth is a perfectly adequate remedy. Washing your hands you say, well..... I'll have to try that some day :)

Anyway, hope you all enjoy your iPads as much as I enjoy mine. And by the way, what is an OCD?

C

Last edited:

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
OCD means Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, meaning someone is obsessed with keeping something clean and tidy... All of the time or it can be something it washing your hands every time you do something... Get the picture?

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cogboot said:
Thank you all for your responses and opinions. This thread is pretty amusing when you consider the silliness of the issue at hand, no pun intended...... (I did mention "silliness" in my opening post, didn't I?).
To put things into perspective - no, I don't wear a latex finger condom every time i use the iPad, but I did try it out a few times and was surprised by how well it worked. The smudges on the screen do bother me a bit but I accept that this is a marginal issue of no real importance, we can just write it off as being a minor little quirk of my own, an occasional wipe with a soft cloth is a perfectly adequate remedy. Washing your hands you say, well..... I'll have to try that some day :)

Anyway, hope you all enjoy your iPads as much as I enjoy mine. And by the way, what is an OCD?

C

lol....i like a person who can take people jumping his/her thrread and insinuating he/she uses a finger condom. much respect to you!

OP
cogboot

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you spaced. I found this thread to be particularly amusing, in the spirit of semi-silliness that it was started. Next I might start a thread on hand washing, if I can perfect the technique.
:)

OP
cogboot

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct kamilucky, a good swift wipe with a bit of cloth will do away with all those nasty little smudge marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts