What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen smudges and the domestic latex glove

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My proposed remedy for the inevitable finger-print grease smudges that cover the iPad screen, announcing; THE DOMESTIC LATEX GLOVE!!! As silly as this may sound, it really does work. If you are as annoyed as I am by those greasy finger smudges on the iPad screen, there is a simple and effective solution that involves the use of a domestic latex glove, (the sort you may use for basic household applications) and a pair of scissors. Simply cut off one of the latex fingers (preferably after you have removed your hand from the glove, if it happened to have been there in the first place), and slide it onto your index finger, or whichever finger you may be using to interact with your iPad. You may then proceed to move your latex covered finger about on your screen and behold..... NO SMUDGES! The screen responds perfectly. You will hardly notice the difference between this and the naked finger, it really works! If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Any similarities between this proposed method and other methods involving rubber protection and/or covering of bodily parts that may protrude and cause grease smudges are entirely coincidental.

:)

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think i would prefer to not use a glove and just clean the screen when required.

OP
cogboot

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wearing the glove (finger) replaces an iPad stylus if you are inclined to use one.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A finger is no replacement for a stylus. Humans first figured this out more than 5000 years ago. Steve Jobs doesn't get it.

When the smudges become unbearable I give it a quick wipe. That's about every 3 or 4 days.

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chowdown said:
A finger is no replacement for a stylus. Humans first figured this out more than 5000 years ago. Steve Jobs doesn't get it.

When the smudges become unbearable I give it a quick wipe. That's about every 3 or 4 days.

agreed 100%. smudges arent THAT much of an issue to find a cure for them in my opinion

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Smudges are only a problem under bright light conditions. Haven't needed to wipe mine the last couple of months as the weathers been so bad....

OP
cogboot

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course smudges are not a major issue, just a minor annoyance, to me at least, that can be avoided with the help of a very simple latex finger covering.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't get why it is such an issue I just wipe the iPad screen down once a day with a blue cloth designed for laptops etc it works fine. I use the iPad several hours a day. Just wash your hands more frequently .......

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use the wipe that came with the ipad, works fine

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
I get smudges on mine all of the time and I just wipe them off using the cloth I got with my case every 2 or 3 days, easily done...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wash your hands more frequently .......

I wash my hands frequently.

And as a side bonus, you may find that you don't catch a cold as frequently!

Actually most compulsive hand washers are sick more often because they never gain an immunity to anything.
But I don't think Monk got sick that often... and it is a jungle out there!

300.shalhoub.graystanford.lc.010509.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts