What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen-shot to TV

Baggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me, I am in Japan for a few months & would like to be able to watch You Tube & news videos etc... on the TV from my iPad1 (or iPhone4s).
I have the cables & can show my photos on the TV using the slideshow presentation, but can not see You Tube or other videos from news web site etc... Is there an app to put screen-shots onto the TV, Cheers.
Baggie.

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should be able to do it with the apple tv unit, to watch YouTube etc you would need Internet connection, so apple tv should do what you need

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 1 can only mirror certain apps onto a tv. These include most of apples stock apps like pictures and videos. I'm not sure whether YouTube is included in this as I have the iPad 2. If you do a quick search you should be able to find out whether you can. If you find out you can I believe it is possible to mirror all programs on the iPad 1 using JB, but once again my iPad isn't JBd so I can't be sure.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

Baggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
psy said:
Should be able to do it with the apple tv unit, to watch YouTube etc you would need Internet connection, so apple tv should do what you need

Thanks for reply, however I am travelling around the country staying in hotels so do not have an Apple TV, any other suggestions welcome. Cheers.

OP
B

Baggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
The iPad 1 can only mirror certain apps onto a tv. These include most of apples stock apps like pictures and videos. I'm not sure whether YouTube is included in this as I have the iPad 2. If you do a quick search you should be able to find out whether you can. If you find out you can I believe it is possible to mirror all programs on the iPad 1 using JB, but once again my iPad isn't JBd so I can't be sure.

Thanks for reply, my iPad1 & iPhone are not JB'd, & Apple tells me only photos & video off my camera roll will show on the TV, I was hoping there was an app that transferred all of the screenshots up on the TV. Cheers.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for reply, however I am travelling around the country staying in hotels so do not have an Apple TV, any other suggestions welcome. Cheers.

I am not sure, but an Apple TV is a tiny box the size of an iPhone. And, it is perfect for presentations with a projector or TV set. If you get such a small gadget you can connect it to large TV screens and watch your media content. As someone already wrote, you need an Internet connection to watch YouTube videos.

Knut

P.s. Here is a link to an Apple TV.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Baggie said:
Thanks for reply, my iPad1 & iPhone are not JB'd, & Apple tells me only photos & video off my camera roll will show on the TV, I was hoping there was an app that transferred all of the screenshots up on the TV. Cheers.

No way of doing that unfortunately. As another user had pointed out, it would be worth looking at the apple tv as a solution as it could work quite well for your needs.
Or, like I stated earlier, of could look into jail braking your iPad.

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure how you intend to access the Internet while abroad, but the apple tv unit is £99 and just needs wifi and hdmi connection to tv, it will allow you to view YouTube and other net services and your pics should go via AirPlay although it needs newer operating system
The apple tv also. Gives you access to iTunes and movie rentals

Most reactions