What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen rotation failure

Plasticman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sick of this problem,screen locked in portrait mode,I find it difficult to hold the iPad in this position,arthritis, Did a few resets and it worked once or twice,but reset dose one fix it anymore.Its since latest updat that I have been having this problem plus sluggish performance.Screen response in general is not the same,no sound on some video's.Fed up with my iPad air.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sick of this problem,screen locked in portrait mode,I find it difficult to hold the iPad in this position,arthritis, Did a few resets and it worked once or twice,but reset dose one fix it anymore.Its since latest updat that I have been having this problem plus sluggish performance.Screen response in general is not the same,no sound on some video's.Fed up with my iPad air.
Perhaps this advice from Apple may help:
http://support.apple.com/en-au/TS3805
Come back if no good. There are members here extra good at helping:D
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry this advice did not work,don't want to reset to factory settings just yet.thanks
From what I understand about this issue, if the advice in the Apple link didn't work for you, the only way to fix the problem is to restore your iPad after backing it up. If you don't restore you'll likely won't be able to fix the problem.

OP
P

Plasticman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I understand about this issue, if the advice in the Apple link didn't work for you, the only way to fix the problem is to restore your iPad after backing it up. If you don't restore you'll likely won't be able to fix the problem.
Ok, many thanks for your advice.

OP
P

Plasticman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your help

Most reactions