What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

screen replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinhann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im pretty sure the answer is no but curious anyways
can a retina display from an iPad mini 2 be installed on an iPad mini non retina unit?
i have a working iPad mini original with a broken screen and an iCloud locked iPad mini 2 with retina. was hoping to frankenstein a working unit

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im pretty sure the answer is no but curious anyways
can a retina display from an iPad mini 2 be installed on an iPad mini non retina unit?
i have a working iPad mini original with a broken screen and an iCloud locked iPad mini 2 with retina. was hoping to frankenstein a working unit
I'm afraid it wouldn't work. In addition to hardware differences that would make it impossible to physically switch the screens, the screens are designed to work only with the iPad they're designed for.

OP
K

kevinhann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats what i figured, thanks for saving me the time and effort to figure that out on my own.

OP
K

kevinhann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can absolutely confirm it won't work, lol. i had them both apart and while the connectors are the same, nothing happens.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been confirmed before, and the member posting the thread didn't return since 2015. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions