What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protectors

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're better than me. I got extremely frustrated when I couldn't keep dust off of it. :(

Installing a screen protector needs some patience and uninterrupted time. I've mentioned this before, but before trying to install one:

1. Set yourself 30-45 mins of uninterrupted time. Make sure everyone in the house knows to leave you alone (unless you can get someone to help - four hands makes installing the screen so much easier.)

2. Wash your hands, then dry them thoroughly.

3. Make sure you're working in a dust-free environment. Using a steamed-up bathroom works - just watch out for condensation (i.e. if your device is cold and is brought suddenly into a warmer room.)

4. Start installing the protector, and take your time with it. Protectors are made from different materials, so some will be more "rigid" than others, more prone to bubbles, etc etc. As mentioned above, having someone to help (holding each corner) can make the work go easier (and share the frustration.)

I suspect that in many instances of people complaining that their installation went bad, it might have been caused by rushing the job or inexperience, and the protector ends up getting blamed for it...

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always been a screen protector advocate, but now not so much. I like to use the iPad to write notes in class (iPad is much lighter than carrying 10 notebooks around campus -add 5 hardcover books and I could barely move!) and it's faster and easier to write on the screen without a protector. I even tried a super-thin one, hoping that the thinness would be better for my purpose, but it wasn't. I keep my iPad in a roocase executive and it's lined with super soft microfiber and padded - it zips all the way around and the iPad is inside another removable case that fits into the portfolio. I hope it's protected enough...kinda paranoid but I don't know which screen protectors will work well with the stylus r us styli. Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts