What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector

kitkat234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really having a hard time deciding if I need a screen protector. I hate the thought of scratches on the screen & fingerprints, etc but I also do not like the idea of having someone use liquid on it to put one on...
Any help would be much appropriated...
Also, I can connect to iTunes but it does not charge my ipad, is that normal?

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The decision to use screen protectors is different for each person. I used to have a screen protector but got tired of the way it felt. For me the glass screen is so much smoother without a protector. Screen protectors are good if you are in an environment where you might get sand on the screen which will definitely scratch it. I did not have that problem so I removed it. Since I was already using a case with a cover I figured the screen would be safe. After six months without a screen protector, my iPad screen still looks like new. I have not regretted removing the protector. Others would never consider going without a screen protector. I would say if you don't have a case, then a screen protector is probably wise.

I might also add that some screen protectors diminish screen clarity slightly, and many still result in fingerprints.

As to your iPad not charging when connected to iTunes, this is normal and is because the USB connection does not have the same power output as connecting your iPad to your charger. Even though the iPad says it is not charging when connected to you computer, in reality it is, just very slowly. Best bet is to charge it with your charger.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I'm happy with the Apple "Smart Cover" which protects the screen whenever the iPad is not in use. Don't like the look or feel of adhesive transparent screen protectors. Just be careful with your device and clean the screen with non abrasive soft cloth. I prefer a Nikon lense shammy.
AA

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkat234 said:
I am really having a hard time deciding if I need a screen protector. I hate the thought of scratches on the screen & fingerprints, etc but I also do not like the idea of having someone use liquid on it to put one on...

I don't like screen protectors on my IPad; the IPhone-yes; but I feel it is very awkward for me and doesn't feel smooth. I am very careful with the device (no little kids to drop and crack the screen...thank goodness). I use a soft cloth to wipe down the screen almost daily and I also have a nice case for extra protection.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the iPad screen is quite robust. I tried a screen protector but couldn't stand it. Since then I have just cleaned the screen with a microfiber cloth about once a week and mine still looks like new after I clean it.

uk_headhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the griffin case which has the built in screen protector and the best thing is its bubble free. There is not so much glare and hopefully my iPad shall stay in top notch condition.

Sent from my 32g iPad 2 Xmas present :)

Ps:- early happy new year to you all.

Last edited:

MistaKuraudo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Zagg screen protectors on both my iPhone and iPad as a preemptive measure against any type of screen damage. I would say it's better to be safe than sorry. Still baby my devices either way, but you can never be sure what can happen. Luckily, my friend got a zagg on his iPhone as well and his screen protector ended up getting a pretty nasty scratch when a girl tried to snatch his phone away from him. Got the screen protector replaced for free and had no damage to the phone itself. So yeah, after seeing what happened to him, I think my decision was correct.

It's not for everyone though. But I don't know. I think it's just the added safety for my device that made me do it.

ipazol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uses an ivisor . Awesome screen protector,very very easy to install,they guaranty no air bubbles,very smooth feeling,no finger prints.
They also have them for the iPhone and other phones.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two kinds of people in the world. Screen protector fans and screen protector haters. I'm a card carrying member of the latter group. Hate putting them on. Hate dealing with them when they're on. Would just as soon clean my daughter's jelly stained finger prints from the screen as from a screen protector. On the other hand some of my best friends are SP fans. They're misguided and deluded but I still love 'em. In fact, I'm married to one. And I stand a better chance of changing her religion than her choice of using a screen protector.

MegiPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm,well I have the kind of screen protectors that is like an invisible paper that you put on your iPad (2).

boomer1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moshi iVisor

As has been noted by previous postings, at times somewhat strident, the use of screen protectors on these types of devices is a personal preference issue.

I prefer to use screen protectors on my devices. I have had excellent results with Moshi products on my Macs for several years. When I bought my iPad2, I purchased and installed the Moshi iVisor screen protector on it. I am satisfied with its performance, installation was quite easy.

YMMV,
boomer :cool:

mejdejos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone that's my first post here:) I'm a new and happy (except iTunes) user of ipad since Xmas
I have the griffin case which has the built in screen protector
That's what I'm looking for badly!
Which one of griffin cases you got? I looked at their website and saw leather one which is exactly a thing I want. Does it have a built screen protector as well?
Thanks for replying
Cheers
Adrian

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

There are many screen protectors that does not require a liquid application, but goes on via static cling. This is what I have used. I found it to be easy to apply, less expensive and minimize scratches. I have no screen/color distortion. I am very happy with it. It still requires a periodical wipe down with a microfiber cloth and it is good to go.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

uk_headhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mejdejos said:
Hi everyone that's my first post here:) I'm a new and happy (except iTunes) user of ipad since Xmas
That's what I'm looking for badly!
Which one of griffin cases you got? I looked at their website and saw leather one which is exactly a thing I want. Does it have a built screen protector as well?
Thanks for replying
Cheers
Adrian

I have the extreme survivor case. I got this one as I am away most weekends Fishing and believe this will do the job protecting my new ipad2.

Most reactions

Latest posts