What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Moshi iVisor AG screen protector, and I love it! Got it from Amazon. It actually does not touch the screen, so installing is a breeze. No bubbles, no dust, takes seconds to apply. You cn remove it and reapply at anytime. Just wipe it off to clean. There is a video on Amazon (or you can google it) that shows how to apply it. The anti glare works great. I can't say enough good things about it. Check it out for yourself.

Can I apply the Moshi iVisor and still use my leather case?

P.S. I saw a review which says there is a small air gap between protector and screen which causes a couple of problems: prismatic effect and finger drag resistance. The latter could cause real problems for a stylus, I think. Any reactions?

Last edited:

Wifi64ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't Buy It. Waste of money.

I had protector by zagg(?) and when I sticked it, the first thing I thought was removing it.

It's so bad. It's says that it prevents fingerprint remaining, yes it's correct. Your screen gets dirty and it doesn't cleaned and it feels horrible when touch it.

If you want to enjoy iPad, then screen protector is the worst choice.

+ it's good when you don't use in care..

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Moshi iVisor AG screen protector, and I love it! Got it from Amazon. It actually does not touch the screen, so installing is a breeze. No bubbles, no dust, takes seconds to apply. You cn remove it and reapply at anytime. Just wipe it off to clean. There is a video on Amazon (or you can google it) that shows how to apply it. The anti glare works great. I can't say enough good things about it. Check it out for yourself.

Can I apply the Moshi iVisor and still use my leather case?

P.S. I saw a review which says there is a small air gap between protector and screen which causes a couple of problems: prismatic effect and finger drag resistance. The latter could cause real problems for a stylus, I think. Any reactions?

I have my Yaoboo leather case with the Moshi ag screen protector. They work fine together. I read where some say they see a "screen" effect, but I have not experienced that. I also have had no problem with finger drag.
I especially like the anti glare feature, plus no more fingerprints when trying to read or view photos.

You can read the reviews and comments on Amazon.com and perhaps that would help.

nicled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is inquiry is a bit irregular but i'd like to ask it.

Will 2 screen protectors on the Ipad2 lcd screen affect the ipads touch sensitivity?

When i purchased my ipad last month, i had a glossy screen protector installed. The glossy screen i found out later is an attractant to dust, smudges, etc. I should have installed the matte type.

Installing the matte type after removing the glossy one is the option, but since it is new plus the money spent for it makes me wonder if i can clean it for smudges & install the matte one. There'd be 2 screens in effect.

Is this possible without affecting touch sensitivity and affect lcd images?

Thanks!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Ah, such memories. Went through the delights of many screen protectors on PDA's and smartphones for years. Learned to buy them in quantity so I could throw a tantrum trying to install several before getting one on successfully.

Then I bought a Motorola Droid with "Gorilla Glass" (same as the iPad 2.) Decided to take a chance and skip the screen protector. Two years later and the screen is virtually perfect. Same with the iPad after about six months of heavy use.

Not to say that the screen is indestructible but under normal use and abuse, imo, there is no need for a screen protector.

What Is Gorilla Glass?

So the ipad2 has gorilla glass? I've never heard that mentioned before about this device.

Sorry, I should have qualified that statement. Apple refuses to say who manufactures the glass used on the iPad. There are persistent rumors that it is "Gorilla Glass" (by Corning) or a virtually identical material.

You might notice that Apple is very close mouthed about particular suppliers for their hardware. I suspect that is for two reasons: to reinforce the impression that they are totally responsible for each and every component that goes into their products and to simplify the process of changing suppliers when it is to their advantage.

groove4x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
agree with the Moshi iVisor and a lot of carefull not to drop the ipad :p

Jasonastacio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put on the moshi iVisor, I want to thank everyone for posting the positive review. I'm amazed on how clear the screen and how smooth my finger slides across.

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put on the moshi iVisor, I want to thank everyone for posting the positive review. I'm amazed on how clear the screen and how smooth my finger slides across.

Glad you like it, I think it is the very best. Now if I could just find something similar for my phone.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been having good luck with the Moshi iVisor.

I do sometimes have a problem with lack of response near the edges, but it is only a minor problem.

In general, I am happy with it, and I was impressed with how easy it was to put on.

Most reactions

Latest posts