What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector question.

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

Has anyone stuck one of those transparent films over the screen to protect it from scratches?

If so, how sucessful were you in not having air bubbles under the film as when I stuck one over the screen of my laptop I had dozens of air bubble which I could not remove try as I may. :(

Regards

SNOWDROP252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stuck a Belkin screen protector over mine........NOT successful....despite doing it as per instructions and being VERY VERY careful I still ended up with bubbles. I now use a Pen especially designed for use on iPad screen and don't need to wipe off dirty fingerprints.
To be honest the bubbles don't notice after a while when the iPad is on..!!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what i do is have some clear sticky tape and put it around my finger to dab off the dust that has got on the underside of the protector,this is usually the cause of air bubbles,you can lift up the protector with another piece of sticky tape,you can get perfect results with a little practice.

HiddenPuppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what i do is have some clear sticky tape and put it around my finger to dab off the dust that has got on the underside of the protector,this is usually the cause of air bubbles,you can lift up the protector with another piece of sticky tape,you can get perfect results with a little practice.

Saw a person at Verizon do this to mine and it worked great, no bubbles, no dust, good idea!!!

Have a nice day,
HiddenPuppy

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have and I'm so thankful I did. My son decided to take a black sharper marker and colored all over my screen. Thankfully I had a film protector and it saved my iPad screen! I didn't have air bubbles with either film. Mine came with a liquid a d a squeegee and it was easy to apply the film

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fleur07 said:
Yes I have and I'm so thankful I did. My son decided to take a black sharper marker and colored all over my screen. Thankfully I had a film protector and it saved my iPad screen! I didn't have air bubbles with either film. Mine came with a liquid a d a squeegee and it was easy to apply the film

Btw: I accidentally found that the easiest way to remove permanent marker off of glass is to take a light colored dry erase marker and draw over the permanent marker ink. It will lift the permanent marker off and make it easy to just wipe it away.

I wouldn't try it for fun but if you had an 'accident' it could save you.

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Btw: I accidentally found that the easiest way to remove permanent marker off of glass is to take a light colored dry erase marker and draw over the permanent marker ink. It will lift the permanent marker off and make it easy to just wipe it away.

I wouldn't try it for fun but if you had an 'accident' it could save you.

I hope I never have to find out again!

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. I will have to look into that method using a liquid, see who sells it, if no joy then I will try the sticky tape trick.

I have found to remove felt marker I use metho and soft tissues, works every time and metho on glass is a match made in heavan. I use it to remove all marks on glass and mirrors also.

Regards

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try applying the screen cover whilst in the bathroom with the shower on, seriously. The steam keeps all the dust down and not under your screen cover.

Most reactions