What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector preference?

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed 100% - About the only advantage to not having an anti-glare protector is that the screen is slightly brighter and it does look a little nicer. However, that does not make up for all of the dis-advantages of a naked-glass screen!

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no doubt that PowerSupport has the best anti-glare (believe me - I've tried ALOT of different brands as I'm VERY picky!)... At $35 each, they are not cheap, but they are THE best...
I see the price has dropped down to $29,99

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluray said:

I just checked - the iPad 1 anti-glare is still $35. The iPad 2 anti-glare is $30... Interesting that the iPad 1 version is more expensive... Strange.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Actually, it does not (at least in my opinion).... My fingers slide on the screen so much better when using an anti-glare protector.... I've found that my fingers tend to "stick" to the naked-glass screen a lot more...

Seriously, if you've never tried an anit-glare protector, you should give it a shot, it really does improve the iPad experience, in my opinion.

I have a lot of friends that use them, and I can't stand using their devices that have them on.

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
There is no doubt that PowerSupport has the best anti-glare (believe me - I've tried ALOT of different brands as I'm VERY picky!)... At $35 each, they are not cheap, but they are THE best...

Wont try one of these bubble magnets again if I can get a bubble free solution for the same price.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kukulcan said:
Wont try one of these bubble magnets again if I can get a bubble free solution for the same price.

You had bubble issues with the PowerSupport protectors?? I found the bubbles very easy to work out of the PowerSupport protectors... All screen protectors will have bubbles right after you put them on - but they are easily worked out, especially with the PowerSupport model (I thought I ruined it, out to find out the bubbles came out very easily).

I refuse to use one of those types where you actually have to get the thing soaking wet (to activate the glue).... they are horrible!

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I think a screen protector is nothing but a great big smudge

See my post in the "Screen protector, or go naked?" thread

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the moshi ivisor and i cant tell its even on. Ive had power support and the sgp ultra fine and ultra optics, and i have to say the moshi ivisor is just as good if not better than those other ones.
Plus the fact that its the easiest to apply with no bubbles.
If i had to choose out of all the ones i listed id pick the moshi ivisor to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
Kukulcan said:

You had bubble issues with the PowerSupport protectors??

I havent tried that one, but I don't care to try as I know the iVisor is perfect for me. On iPad 1 I tried the one that came with my otterbox just for fun, as I had the iVisor already and it was a bubble desaster.

If i had to choose out of all the ones i listed id pick the moshi ivisor to be honest.
Thanks for the reassurance from somebody who knows both

lauren iacomini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen prtectors

I recently purchased the iPad 2 and want to know opinions on the best screen protector, and what the best way to put it on without getting bubbles is.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might search screen protector in this forum. There are tons and tons of threads. I'd insert the links here, but I don't know how.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh and welcome! There are tons of helpful folks in this forum.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lauren iacomini said:
Do they bubble when you put it on?

I put on the Ghost Armor (needs water) and there are no bubbles. It was my first time using anything like that. If a bubble shows up during application you can easily pull up the area and re-apply until it's perfect!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lauren iacomini said:
I recently purchased the iPad 2 and want to know opinions on the best screen protector, and what the best way to put it on without getting bubbles is.

'Best' is relative, depending on what you need -- anti-glare? privacy? the cheapest one you can find? etc. If you're not too fussed, you can find any number of el cheapo screens on Fleabay, but you'd rather pay a premium for a more reputable brand, you can probably look up their respective websites to compare their features. Personally I use a Brando anti-glare filter, which I had a coupon for, and it works flawlessly for me - easy to install, durable under everyday use, no degradation of screen quality at all.

Installing a screen is a matter of patience, and a bit of trial and error if you're unfamiliar with it - the quality and 'rigidity' of the screen you have can also make a difference. The process has been described in various threads, which you can look up, and there's a ton of videos on YouTube you can reference as well.

Most reactions