Screen protector preference?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by jcallaway22, Apr 23, 2011.

1. jcallaway22

jcallaway22
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    I have an iPad 2 that I use for therapy with students...so I bought a screen protector (invisibleshield brand). Within a few days, it looked like crud...and I supervise my students incredibly well. It is totally scratched looking and your fingers no longer glide as nice. Zagg, the manufacturer, said I can get a new one (warranty) but with shipping and everything it will be $10 or more...for a product I am disappointed with! This particular shield is a gel shield I believe...would anyone have recommendations for a 'hard' style screen shield for the iPad2? Not a case...the clear stick-on screen protector type.
    Thanks,
    JC

2. jmorton10

jmorton10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Both the steinheil and the seidio are excellent.

~John

3. chazmink

chazmink
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use bodyguardz on macBooks, iPads and iPhones. They work great if you take your time when installing.
    Good luck.
    Charlie

4. jacksonian

jacksonian
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Without a doubt: PowerSupport Crystal films. I use them on all my iPads and iPhones. I get a flawless installation, they're very durable, and they're invisible. It feels just like the original glass is there. I put one on for a friend and she said, "Is it on there?"

Also, one of the films I ordered had a dent. I sent an email with a pic and they had me a new one here in 2 days. Great customer service.

I tried the SGP Steinhill and it was awful for installation. And I have never liked the feel of the Zagg products.

5. Martlet

Martlet
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I love my ghost armor.

6. SporkLover

SporkLover
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I've had some of the higher end screen protectors (ghost armor), and the cheap amazon protectors on various electronic devices.

For my iPad 2 I went with a cheap one peddled on Amazon. Install was easy, keeps the screen protected, and I can't tell that it's there.

7. GlenL

GlenL
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I got the ghost armor and install was pretty simple. As long as you keep fingers and the ghost armor wet then you can adjust as much as you want. Haven't tried scratching it yet, but as long as it keeps scratches off the actual iPad, then I'll be happy with it.

8. j joy j

j joy j
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I just ordered this for my iPad and iPhone, can't wait! Thanks for the suggestion! I typically use the Zagg one and sometimes BestSkinsEver which both I don't have any problems with but for some reason I think my i'stuff' really want the PowerSupport products!

9. JeffMorse

JeffMorse
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Had PowerSupport put on an anti-glare for me last week and it's fantastic. I'll never use another brand again. On the pricey side though, but it's quality for sure.

10. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Another vote for PowerSupport Anti-glare - the best I've ever seen. They are pricy however ($35 for 1 ipad protector!).

If you can't afford that one, I found a cheap, close second to the PowerSupport anti-glare. It's the iEssentials Anti-Glare Screen Protector. I've seen them at $5 Below (for $5) and at MicroCenter for $7.50. They are almost as good as the PowerSupport model! No pixelation or fuzziness like some anti-glares cause.

I've also found that the PowerSupport model installs easier though. I'm VERY particular about my screen protector being installed perfectly, and the iEssentials model is harder to install (I've wasted three at one install already)!