What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protector or Naked?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
manitou said:
Nice post tzimisce. After having my iPad 2 for a few months, I opted for the Power Support Anti-glare protector. My sole reason for doing so was because of the finger print issue. I carry a bottle of iKlear in my case along with a cleaning cloth, but had to clean the screen endlessly. Now that I have the protector on, I can use my iPad outside, but more importantly to me, don't have to deal with the fingerprint issue all the time. I have no regrets for spending the 30 bucks for that little piece of plastic.

I think there's very little to separate a well-made screen protector from another, as long as it is easy to install, provides good tactile experience and durable. If I hadn't gone with a Brando (had a coupon code for it) I would have probably went for a Moshi or PowerSupport. Having the screen fingerprint-free is more of a side effect of using an anti-glare, but what an added bonus.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will strongly recommend getting a screen protector. I used to think it didn't need it because of the Gorilla glass and plus it looks so amazing(especially the iPhone4!) but I got a tiny scratch on my iPad2 screen and I don't even know how! That same day, I ordered screen protectors. I know the screen looks very beautiful without a protector, but it's much worth it to keep and preserve that beautiness with a protector! Also I would not recommend getting the cheapest protectors you can find. All the cheap ones scratch very easy. It wont scratch your screen, but it will look ugly with scratches all on the protector. I recommend any that are 3 for 10 dollars or more.

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Last edited:

Temp42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thenerdynurse.com
Because my son likes to push the iPad across the floor, screen down, I've been forced to put a screen on it.
It's a ZAGGsheild, so its the best you can get, but I'd still rather have it naked.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheNerdyNurse said:
Because my son likes to push the iPad across the floor, screen down, I've been forced to put a screen on it.
It's a ZAGGsheild, so its the best you can get, but I'd still rather have it naked.

Yep,
Thats definitely a good reason... :)

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought my iPad2 and I'm contemplating if I'm going to put a screen protector. I do have a Belkin Slim Folio case for it and a soft wiping cloth (came from a dslr lens cleaning kit) with it all the time to wipe the screen clean. I have an iPhone 3G that I've used for more than 2 years with no screen protector and it has a very little scratch -- I dropped it out of bed by the way....

So now, I'm thinking... a cover or not... hmmmm...

blheureux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a long-time iPad v1 user and because we have 14 month old twins (that love playing various baby / toddler games on the iPad) I long ago did a careful comparison of Amazon reviews of various screen protectors and choose Splash Masque. I've not used any other brand so don't have a reference but I can say that after six months of use (and lots of abuse from the twins) I am impressed with the product. The screen looks terrific (Chrystal clear, except for our kids finger-smudges, which wipe off easy), has retained it's "glass" like feel (I had worried about that), and I have been unable to detect any difference in the screen tactile feel (including when typing fast on the virtual keyboard, which I do a lot of writing on in Pages).

Splash Masque is not cheap, it takes a near-hermetically pure dust-free environment in order to install the protector properly (I.e., w/o bubbles, etc), and the instructions were a bit dodgy so I trashed one protector installing it incorrectly. But once installed the protector has worked like a charm.

I hope this data point helps — Good luck!

- bjl

Most reactions

Latest posts