What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen on iPad 2 IOS 8.1.3 will not respond

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's starting to sound like you have a hardware problem with the iPad. There isn't much we can do about that here. At this point you're pretty much going to have to get it to an Apple Store for a checkup. I know that's difficult for you, but I don't have anything better to offer.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
:) Good day to you. I am quite sure I will have to do that. I left it off charge/power last night and even though I just heard the notification sound alert ( no squawking! YAY) I tapped the on/off switch and it is still 100% fully charged! So, the software isn't using any power at all!
As usual, you are absolutely right! :) It is blindingly sunny and beautiful here today....just like springtime! YUM!:cool:
Login is working just fine today, too!

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
YAY!! I FIXED IT!! I FIXED IT! MY IPad is ALIVE, ...on life support I think. Here is what I did. I have an Acer with iTunes and I plugged my non responsive iPad into it and got into the insides of the iPad through the ACER. Since the last message I remembered on the iPad was " low memory " I went right into the photos and deleted them all from my iPad, I had formerly moved them to the Acer before all the problems started. I'm sorry to say I am still having trouble with the home button. Not very responsive at all. I wonder if it is an easy fix? At least I'm using my iPad! Whooo Hoooo![emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks TPoet! You are always full of good ideas! [emoji170][emoji172][emoji39][emoji170][emoji172]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I forgot to tell you, I noticed that when I held my iPad in landscape mode, and used the home button , every once in awhile it worked like new. After reading TPoet's link , I realized that all I have to do is press (as in squeeze) on the opposite edge/side of the home button side the home button works very well. I have tried the link above but I am not sure I did it right. I sure appreciate all the help everyone. THANKS!! H [emoji172] U [emoji171] G [emoji169] S

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From your description it sounds like the home button may be wearing out. Not much you can do about that, short of paying for repairs or a new iPad.

It's a bit awkward, but some people have managed to cope with broken or Home Buttons by using the Assistive Touch feature. You'll find it under Settings > General > Accessibility.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, do you, YPoet ( or anyone else ) know why because of squeezing the edge of the opposite end of the home button sounds like it is wearing out as opposed to just needing to be reset? Thanks TPoet. I haven't tried your suggestion in the link because it is so easy just to put a little pressure on the other end. Also, I'm a bit washed up right now and too tired to think. [emoji39][emoji172][emoji41][emoji171] Thanks again for all the help with these issues, I'm very grateful. H [emoji172] U [emoji171] G [emoji169] S

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey TPoet, i have something to celebrate! The fix you told me about for the home buttin? IT WORKED IT WORKED HAPPYFEETDANCE THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH, WHOOO HOOOO! [emoji39][emoji172][emoji170][emoji4][emoji39][emoji172][emoji170][emoji4][emoji39][emoji172][emoji170][emoji39]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts