What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen on iPad 2 IOS 8.1.3 will not respond

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To any touch. I can force the shut down slider to show up, but it will NOT respond. I can make the start screen light up,but again it will not let me slide to open. Just before this happened I got a " LOW MEMORY ' notification.
Can anyone help? o_O
OH,my iPad and Acer, Win 8 are linked by Dropbox and authorized in iTunes.
Does that help? anyway to get rid of my photo's or data from iPad without going in through the iPad screen?o_O
:)THANKS! Diane.:)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think my iPad is backed up on icloud. when I put the USB into the Acer while I was in iTunes it made my Acer lock up!???Thanks, Scifan :)
. Anything else in those brainy brains?:cool:

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried a reset? Hold down the Home and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
Unfortunately, I tried without success. Adding insult to injury :p everytime I tried that it took another photo! I'm AMAZED! Really, there was a screen that had my lock scren photo on it superimposed over my lock screen picture with the slider, I could see the time changing on one and on the one behind I could see the time staying the same AND if I put it in portrait mode I could also see the IPF tabs on the Chrome tabs in the picture behind the picture!
BET YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE HOW CONFUSED I AM NOW? I CAN'T GET THE CAPS OFF ON THIS WIN 8 ACER, GRRRRRRRR:D:p:D:D:p:p:p:po_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:):):):)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Diane, nice to see you again:). Have another go at what twerppoet suggested. It does solve a lot of problems like these.
Hold both the On/Off and Start buttons down at the same time BUT don't let go until the Apple logo appears. If you hold both buttons down but let them go straight away, you will merely take a screen shot.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think my iPad is backed up on icloud. when I put the USB into the Acer while I was in iTunes it made my Acer lock up!???Thanks, Scifan :)
. Anything else in those brainy brains?:cool:
It doesn't matter where you back up. If your Acer locked up when you connected your iPad to it, that's not a problem with the backup, but supposedly with the Acer, or iTunes.

Your iPad should be able to connect to iTunes, even with iCloud as backup method.

If it doesn't, make sure computer and iTunes are up to date. Disable syncing automatically (in iTunes go to Edit - Preferences - Devices - "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically." Click OK.) Connect your iPad once more and see if this helped.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
oh how i love your optimism., now the acer won't let me capitalize anything,? who knew that ultimate frustration can turn into hilarious absurdity. i tried over and over and i can hold down both the home button as well as the on/off switch forever. unfortunately now my camera is so slow it sounds like i'm taking a long stretched out sound of a camera opening and closing the aperature (sp?) in slow motion. i was way too intent that if i held on to it for long enough, both pushed at the same instance eventually the apple would show up. i guess i did it too many times. it will not turn on AND it will not turn off, it is just in limbo.
thanks for checking in everyone. i appreciate it more than i can say. it's so good to hear from you all again, especially when i have a problem that seems insurmountable. thank you,love & hugs to you all. j. a. i haven't seen your post yet but i got a notification.
oh, since you are all moderators can you tell me how to change my email notification address to gmail since shaw won't work anyway.
:confused::cool::p:D:oops::rolleyes:o_O so, so, so wonderful to hear from you all.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can tell you how to change your email address in Safari. If you use Tapatalk, I'll have to check there.

Tap your username and then select "Contact Details":
image.jpg

On the next page, you'll see your current email address:
image.jpg

Tap within the field to change it. You'll have to enter your password as well.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
the ipad stopped working just after a notification came on the screen saying ipad was low on memory, that's when it stopped responding, i went straight to the acer because i thought i could dump my photo's onto itune's or ln dropbox. the screen on ipad had already stopped responding.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the ipad stopped working just after a notification came on the screen saying ipad was low on memory, that's when it stopped responding, i went straight to the acer because i thought i could dump my photo's onto itune's or ln dropbox. the screen on ipad had already stopped responding.
If you want to get your photos to Dropbox, you don't need to connect your iPad to iTunes. Enable Camera Upload in your Dropbox settings on the iPad.

Is there something else you can remove from your device, maybe apps that you didn't use for quite a while?

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks, j.a. i forget my password for this current email. perhaps i should log out ,then jog in and say i forgot my password, then i should get a notification to change my password first, then change my email? thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need your password for iPF. Is it the same as the one you use for the email address?

If you don't remember your iPF password, sign out and then tap the "?" button behind Registering.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want to get your photos to Dropbox, you don't need to connect your iPad to iTunes. Enable Camera Upload in your Dropbox settings on the iPad.

Is there something else you can remove from your device, maybe apps that you didn't use for quite a while?
i cant get into my ipad to do anything. the touch screen stopped responding. before that happened i noticed my speakers sounded funny. maybe it just decided to die today. whatever i backed up.....whatever only works on apple isnt going to be any good to me anywhere,,, unless i buy a used ipad from craigs list, dont know how much i can scrape together. thanks, everyone. diane. xox

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i cant get into my ipad to do anything. the touch screen stopped responding. before that happened i noticed my speakers sounded funny. maybe it just decided to die today. whatever i backed up.....whatever only works on apple isnt going to be any good to me anywhere,,, unless i buy a used ipad from craigs list, dont know how much i can scrape together. thanks, everyone. diane. xox
Did you connect your iPad to your computer before this happened, to update it e.g.? Or did you perform the update OTA?

Most reactions

Latest posts