What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen looks like plastic

phonegeek1998

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So when I was cleaning my screen it looks like the screen is plastic has anyone noticed this ??! Kinda random

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So when I was cleaning my screen it looks like the screen is plastic has anyone noticed this ??! Kinda random
The screen on every Apple iOS device is made of gorilla glass, not plastic.

What exactly leads you to think the iPad screen may be plastic.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everything in the world as some degree of flex. Look at aluminum foil. That is metal but if you make it super thin it can flex. Some things break easily when flexed too much. The iPad screen should not be flexed too much or it might crack. The screen also has coating on it which might make the surface appear soft. Advise you not go poking too much trying to see if it really is plastic or not.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm wondering if it's not the parallax feature at play here. Have you updated to IOS7? This feature allows the screen to move behind the app icons when viewing the iPad at different angles.

Turn it off and see if you still see movement. Settings - General - Accessibility - Reduce Motion.

You will save a little battery life with it off also! ;)

Most reactions