What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Finger Gestures versus Screen Stylus Taps

IndieP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I may be in the minority here, but is there a way to zoom in and out (which is my main concern) using "Screen Taps" instead of finger gestures such as Pinching. I play a keyboard and use the iPad Air 2 with a MIDI interface for recording and the use of backing tracks. During a performance I find it easier to use a stylus (which I also find more accurate) than a finger, not to mention the problem of a dirty screen all the time.
Thanks.

OP
I

IndieP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip twerppoet, however, I have looked at, and still use this feature (albeit for volume control only). I can only think there must be a feature within the (Accesability) options that allow for a similar operation like that of assigning keyboards shortcuts to a specific key on a computer keyboard, but in this case, a tap, am I correct?
I shall look further at the (Accesability) options when I get time.
Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hiding under the Custom icon in the Assistive Touch menu is a Pinch tool. This can be used to zoom in/out wherever the normal pinch gesture works. You can move this tool to the top level menue in the Assistive Touch settings.

It is also possible to create your own tools under Custom Gestures.

Most reactions

Latest posts