What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen fault

Najw60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
last few day my screen suddenly disappeared. As it closes down it looks like the old 35mm film burning. Any ideas ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean that the screen no longer shows anything when the iPad is turned on?

OP
Najw60

Najw60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean that the screen no longer shows anything when the iPad is turned on?
That’s right. I then close the cover and leave it a while. When I open the cover again it comes back sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for half an hour then it goes blank again. It’s not sleep mode as I’ve changed that.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The backlight inverter could be failing. When the screen is dark try looking at it in very bright light to see if you can see anything on the screen. Also, next time the screen comes on again back up the iPad immediately. The next time it goes dark it may not come back on again.

OP
Najw60

Najw60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The backlight inverter could be failing. When the screen is dark try looking at it in very bright light to see if you can see anything on the screen. Also, next time the screen comes on again back up the iPad immediately. The next time it goes dark it may not come back on again.
Thanks for that, looks like a trip to tomorrow @ Southampton.

Most reactions

Latest posts