Screen does not rotate

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Spirogenics, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Spirogenics

Spirogenics iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New to the site. trying to get an answer on how to fix screen. worked fine for a month. . .cannot seem to find any threads on this issue.:(
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,227 / 1
    You've probably turned on Rotation Lock. Depending on your settings this is either the switch next to your volume controls, or on the multitask bar. You can set this in Settings > General > Use Side Switch To:

You can tell when rotation lock is on. There will be a lock with a an arrow around it (icon) to the left of your battery indicator in the status bar.

If the the switch is set to Rotation Lock, then check the switch.

If you set the switch to Mute, then you need to go to the multitask bar by double tapping on the Home button, then swiping left to right in the bar to see the controls. The Mute or Rotation Lock icon will be on the far left.
  3. Spirogenics

Spirogenics iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like it was a downloaded app. I removed it and the problem was solved.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,227 / 1
    That is unusual. Glad you got it fixed.
  5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland