What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

screen cracked

jojo321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, 4months back we bought an Ipad New from Best Buy but we didn't take any extra plans. My bad luck today my 5 yrs old son dropped Ipad and got the screen cracked badly.. what are the next steps do i need to take..... Is there any chances to get free replacement of screen from apple if i talk with them. if not,how much it cost if i want to replace it. Thank u..

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, 4months back we bought an Ipad New from Best Buy but we didn't take any extra plans. My bad luck today my 5 yrs old son dropped Ipad and got the screen cracked badly.. what are the next steps do i need to take..... Is there any chances to get free replacement of screen from apple if i talk with them. if not,how much it cost if i want to replace it. Thank u..

Hi there. Apple do not have warranty for screen. I heard its 250.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Sorry to hear about your iPad

The best solution we have for fixing a broken iPad is to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple Store....you will not need your receipt as they can look up all relevant info at the store. They will most probably offer to replace your iPad but for a cost...it's normally half of the original cost of the iPad. If this is fine by you, make sure you do a complete backup of your iPad before you go.

There are other businesses that can do this for you which will probably be cheaper but be aware that this will void your warranty, but then again your warranty would already be voided because of the drop. If you do replace with Apple, your warranty is reinstated. I have also heard many members who have gone the cheaper route then find that their WiFi will not work as this has been damaged by the replacing of the screen.

In addition, you can also contact Apple customer service. Here are some great web sites to aid you in your repair search:

Contact Info:
http://www.apple.com/contact/

Apple Support:
http://www.apple.com/support/

Check for Warranty:
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

For those of you not living in the USA, here is a link whereby you can select your country and then be directed to the Apple site for your country:

http://www.apple.com/choose-your-country/

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
J

jojo321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Genius Bar is free service or does it costs money???

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jojo321 said:
Is Genius Bar is free service or does it costs money???

No, they will not charge for an appointment. The Genius Bar is the name Apple gives to this section of the Apple store where you go when you have a problem with your apple devices. It is free to see these people initially, they will then look at your device and advise what costs are involved to have your iPad replaced. Good luck!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
J

jojo321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u very much guys... I got new iPad..... They replaced new iPad with free of cost... They are really awesome people....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
eatmyshorts said:
WHAT??!!! They give you a FREE new ipad???

It does happen sometimes,but don't count on it. It can depend on which store you go to as well as who you see.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jojo321 said:
Thank u very much guys... I got new iPad..... They replaced new iPad with free of cost... They are really awesome people....

That is wonderful to hear!! You are so very lucky that Apple is a great Company. Now enjoy!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
J

jojo321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is wonderful to hear!! You are so very lucky that Apple is a great Company. Now enjoy!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Thank u very much... i just followed your suggestion....

Moonen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am also new here and cracked my screen.
Gladly I have the Apple plan.
They will come tomorrow and replace it for a brand new one for free!!

Not. It will cost me € 250,90 ( that was there astemit? )
Than I can claim it on my insurance, witch will still cost me € 150,00 ( my own risk)
But still a new one for € 150,00

The only thing the plan covers ( wich also cost € 80 ) is the pick up and dilivery????

I'm curious how things work out tomorrow

Mattijs

Most reactions