What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Bleeding

Crisz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my iPad 2. It has a small amount of screen bleeding around the corners, it isn't noticeable after start-up (the Apple icon). I know people have had this issue much worse than mine is but, I'm wondering if this little bit could turn into a lot with time?

OP
C

Crisz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim :) This has helped me to make my decision on whether to exchange or not. You've been great help and thanks again.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just enjoy your iPad.:) People tend to look and look and look more for things that are wrong.

If you plan on living in a dark room, screen bleed may not bother you.:D

OP
C

Crisz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Sweet Poison. You have a good point 

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I exchanged one of two that I had purchased that had pretty bad screen bleeding. The one I received was much better and sounds like the one you have now.

It has not changed at all and I use it constantly. I wouldn't ask for a new one if I were you as the one you receive could be one of the "unacceptable" ones.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that Samsung is manufacturing the iPad screens instead of LG, the lightbleed issue should be a thing of the past. My first iPad 2 that had connectivity issues did have the lightbleed as well, but my second one doesn't have it at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
Now that Samsung is manufacturing the iPad screens instead of LG, the lightbleed issue should be a thing of the past. My first iPad 2 that had connectivity issues did have the lightbleed as well, but my second one doesn't have it at all.

I too read something to that effect but that was a while ago (a month give or take a bit) but, to this day, bad screens appear to still be coming down the pike/pipe. Besides what seems to be quite a few bad LG screens still out there, I'm not convinced that the Samsung screens are perfect in this regard. Perhaps you were fortunate. :)

Last edited:

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:

I too read something to that effect but that was a while ago (a month give or take a bit) but, to this day, bad screens appear to still be coming down the pike/pipe. Besides what seems to be quite a few bad LG screens still out there, I'm not convinced that the Samsung screens are perfect in this regard.
The Samsung screens from what I heard weren't going to start sales until around the end of May. I would imagine there are still a fair amount of iPad 2's out there with LG screens. The only way to tell which screen you have other than taking the iPad apart is by looking at the brightness in the display. The Samsung screen isn't as bright as the LG screen... I'm not going to take my iPad apart, but I am pretty sure the one that I have now with no leakage at all is the Samsung, because the display looks like the picture that I saw posted on another site. It was a comparison shot between the LG screen and the Samsung.

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Just enjoy your iPad.:) People tend to look and look and look more for things that are wrong.

If you plan on living in a dark room, screen bleed may not bother you.:D

I agree! For most people would'nt know their ipad has a screen bleed only from reading about it and looking for it.

OP
C

Crisz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed it before I read about it just didn't put a whole lot of thought into it! But, when you pay that much money for something you tend to worry a bit...just sayn!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
The Samsung screens from what I heard weren't going to start sales until around the end of May. I would imagine there are still a fair amount of iPad 2's out there with LG screens. The only way to tell which screen you have other than taking the iPad apart is by looking at the brightness in the display. The Samsung screen isn't as bright as the LG screen... I'm not going to take my iPad apart, but I am pretty sure the one that I have now with no leakage at all is the Samsung, because the display looks like the picture that I saw posted on another site. It was a comparison shot between the LG screen and the Samsung.

I see. I think I have an LG screen with a very small amount of bleed that is imperceptible with white text on black background in the Kindle app even in the evenings in a relatively dark room (I use that a lot). The colors are brilliant, the white is very white... knock on wood that I have no complaints at all. The previous one I had and returned had "somewhat noticeable" bleeding on black backgrounds. I wouldn't dream of exchanging this one as it's as close to perfect as I think I'm going to get. :) Anyway, I hope they have finally patched it all up by now... it must have been quite expensive to take all those earlier machines back and it stressed everybody out.

Most reactions

Latest posts