What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

screen black lines bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

federicom03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is the attached photo a common thing that happens on ipad? is it covered under the apple care ?

what is that?

Attachments

• IMG00362-20100826-1832.jpg
    IMG00362-20100826-1832.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 10,013

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you have to take it back to apple center asap.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it common that half your screen doesn't work?? Really? Yes that is the intended design.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it common that half your screen doesn't work?? Really? Yes that is the intended design.
Your sarcastic and sneering post here is inappropriate. It is not the sort of behavior that should be expected from a moderator.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
is the attached photo a common thing that happens on ipad? is it covered under the apple care ?

what is that?

Definitely broken. Did you drop it or jar the case in any way. Almost looks like a loose edge connector on the display. At any rate, get thee to the nearest Genius bar, or at least call Apple Customer Care:

Apple - How to Contact Us

Piko

Butty13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The exact thing has just happened to mine.
I definitely havent dropped it, was just using it and it went on standby while I was on the phone I and when I went back to it it had this split screen....
Is it really broken? Ive tried restoring? No quick fix solution?

soheilvb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys ...
this just happen to me . that was in my bag for one day and when i open it , that make me crazy , i don't have access to any Apple Store or Apple Care or ....
what can i do ? any quick solution ?
tanx .

joat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just happened to me!

hi everybody-
this just happened to our ipad as well.
was sitting on the counter charging, went to use it and now black screen.
no drops, etc. we've only had it 2 months!

soheilvb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's a problem with Display connector cables . apple store replace it in no time ...

futuristlimited

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same to mine. And NO. The Apple store WOULD NOT FIX IT. They charged me 290 dollars to give me a crappy refurbished iPad which had flaws in the edges that emitted light. They don't tell you that once the warranty expires you cannot exchange them. They also DON'T TELL you that they are "service parts" and are separate from the "retail store". When I went back to return the "refurbished" iPad they said there was "nothing they could do" since they mailed off my old iPad. I refused to leave the store without a refund for the piece of crap they gave me. The manager came up and said try selling it to Best Buy they will "probably" buy it from you or on Craigslist. "Sometimes people buy broken iPads." Really? This was his solution. Stood my ground and said NO. He said he would contact the distribution center and see if he would be able to get the old iPad sent back. He said it was the only way to issue any kind of refund. He went to the back and after 5 minutes came out with the old iPad saying that I was in luck. Not only did he lie to me but he was just trying to get me out of the store without even an exchange! He went ahead and refunded the money (which of course will now take up to 14 days to be returned to my card). I hear all the wonderful stories about how much Apple does for their customers. I felt jipped from the moment I walked in and asked for help. Here's the rub. I went ahead and purchased a new iPad 2 and this older gentleman was next to me with his 1st gen. iPad with THE SAME PROBLEM! Two of the Apple employees had just told me that "they have never seen this problem before" and one female mentioned to us "wow it's almost like Apple set it up to happen, but you did not hear this from me." WOW. That is customer service with a smile.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose like all companies, there are bad apples!!! Unfortunate for you but majority cases are positive. Well done for standing your ground. Maybe a letter of complaint higher up might work?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same to mine. And NO. The Apple store WOULD NOT FIX IT. They charged me 290 dollars to give me a crappy refurbished iPad which had flaws in the edges that emitted light. They don't tell you that once the warranty expires you cannot exchange them. They also DON'T TELL you that they are "service parts" and are separate from the "retail store". When I went back to return the "refurbished" iPad they said there was "nothing they could do" since they mailed off my old iPad. I refused to leave the store without a refund for the piece of crap they gave me. The manager came up and said try selling it to Best Buy they will "probably" buy it from you or on Craigslist. "Sometimes people buy broken iPads." Really? This was his solution. Stood my ground and said NO. He said he would contact the distribution center and see if he would be able to get the old iPad sent back. He said it was the only way to issue any kind of refund. He went to the back and after 5 minutes came out with the old iPad saying that I was in luck. Not only did he lie to me but he was just trying to get me out of the store without even an exchange! He went ahead and refunded the money (which of course will now take up to 14 days to be returned to my card). I hear all the wonderful stories about how much Apple does for their customers. I felt jipped from the moment I walked in and asked for help. Here's the rub. I went ahead and purchased a new iPad 2 and this older gentleman was next to me with his 1st gen. iPad with THE SAME PROBLEM! Two of the Apple employees had just told me that "they have never seen this problem before" and one female mentioned to us "wow it's almost like Apple set it up to happen, but you did not hear this from me." WOW. That is customer service with a smile.

Unbelievable story and very unusual!

Having said that ~ This thread is over a year old and OP has never returned.

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts