What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratches in Invisible Shield

MrYummy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the Zagg Invisible Shield really easy to scratch? I installed it on my iPad and managed to accedently scuff it with my fingernail inside of a week. I figured that it would have been tougher.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's probably you. Last week my husband semi-stepped on my iPad last week so hard that he left a ridge and about 6 big bubbles in my InvisibleShield. Some finger rubbing, credit card scraping and a couple days later, the InvisibleShield healed itself is looking as perfect as before he did the (temporary) damage.

bubbaba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also think they are easy to scratch. I have already had two replaced due to scratches. All the scratches I recieved were from wiping it with a microfiber cloth I got from Walmart. Not sure if this was too rough for the shield, however I have now changed to an eyeglass cloth and no further scratches. Also the scratches that have happened did not heal themselves, they were not deep either just surface scratches. On my third shield now and I already have scratches on this one, but not in the screen area so I am living with them.

rsmart22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something doesn't seem right...I have had them on all of my iPhones and my iPad and have never had a scratch even with dropping the iPhone.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i have the zagg shield and i don't get scratches I've tried to get scratches with various objects and i have made some and they all go away with time, and while using the product there are not visible. Need we forget if you didn't have that shield on...how would your screen look? It's doing it's job that's why you can replace them. I really wouldn't be pissed if my shield got scratched instead of my iPad : x

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had one on my droid since last year and it is still perfect.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had something sticky on my zagg shield and tried to wipe it off with a bit of alcohol on a tissue. Don't do that. Leaves a mark. Damn me.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need some kind of solvent LCD or eyeglass cleaner plus micro cloth is usually safe.

OP
M

MrYummy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am glad that it was the Zagg and not the glass. in that respect, it worked well. Am I right to assume that the scratches will fade in time? At any rate, I learned my lesson and will be more careful cleaning my screen.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
NOTE: It is really hard to scratch glass unless you use a diamond or tungsten carbide, or specially hardened steel. I would recommend you not use those tools on the iPad. I think the resistance to scratches is one of the reasons Apple used a glass screen cover. My Canon cameras have glass screen covers as well. I don't use any screen "protector" since they are softer than the screen cover that comes with the iPad.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not the glass that scratches. It's the coating on the glass that scratches.

anthello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had something sticky on my zagg shield and tried to wipe it off with a bit of alcohol on a tissue. Don't do that. Leaves a mark. Damn me.

I also think they are easy to scratch. I have already had two replaced due to scratches. All the scratches I recieved were from wiping it with a microfiber cloth I got from Walmart. Not sure if this was too rough for the shield, however I have now changed to an eyeglass cloth and no further scratches. Also the scratches that have happened did not heal themselves, they were not deep either just surface scratches. On my third shield now and I already have scratches on this one, but not in the screen area so I am living with them.

I am a combination of these problems: I used a solvent to clean a mark with a micro fiber cloth. I know I should not be too upset that it is the protector and not the screen but I would like to know if there is any way to reverse these marks without ordering a replacement?

DeepThinker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember the Zagg lifetime warranty...

Folks, remember the Zagg comes with a lifetime warranty, I already used mine once, just logon, open a case and you'll have it in the mail in a few days, just remember you have to return the old one, no matter what shape it's in. Works like a charm.

btw, my kids pulled up the corner of the Zagg but I was able to smooth it out and the smaller bubbles disappeared again in a few days. Great product!

Most reactions

Latest posts