What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCORM - Sharable Content Object Reference Model

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with SCORM and can a Keynote presentation be converted to it? It does not say anywhere it can't but equally it doesn't say it can! I know PPTs can but not sure how successful they are - any experience at all greatly appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had to look up SCORM.

Keynote itself has no SCORM support. A quick google search turned up one or two solutions that claim to convert Keynotes to SCORM. SCORM Ninja looks promising, and since it's a web app it 'might' work on the iPad.

Hold in mind that you can export Keynotes as Power Points, so any solution youv'e found for PPT can probalby be used indirectly; though the extra conversion step may cause some formating issues.

Power Point for the iPad is free for 9.7 inch and smaller devices, so you can view the results on the iPad. You need a (free) account to unlock the other features. The 12.9' iPad Pro requries a paid account to unlock.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thx yet again TP, its not actually my part of the ship but somebody was having problems which Scorm to use/try/buy. I think a far better solution is a screen capture video like QT that can be put straight into most LMS. But as always, open one door and another bites you! The quick time video capture on my machine captures a poor image (really) in my estimation so I am now looking at others - any suggestions greatly appreciated.

As for the powerpoint conversions, they are awful and the amount of work needed on what is now over 1500 slides (18 chapters) negates any attempt at trying to use it.

Thank you again and hope you are keeping well.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just been reading about Screen Flow, it seems to do what I am looking for but there is no talk of quality of recording - its seems daft to me to create things on beautiful retina screens and get a blurred image back - when I say blurred perhaps that is a little unfair but mirror this up on to a 60 inch HD or better screen and its pants. Any suggestions at all?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In general, TV's, even HD TV's are lower quality than the iPad's screen. You're also going to lose a bit of detail depending on the conversion and compression used. For best results, use an HDTV cable and adaptor.

I'm not sure why QuickTime would be making blurry screen captures. Be sure you check the quality settings in QuickTime. If you want to try something else, Reflector 2 by AirSquirrels has worked for me in the past.

Most reactions

Latest posts