What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

School ipad 2 unable to connect to home computer

MrHalfBlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so my school gave me an iPad and I love it! I can download apps directly from the App Store but I can't connect it tomy computer to insert music, games, videos, anything, it won't even charge when connected to my computer.
I connect it via USB and an iTunes pop up comes up saying "this iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer." My school did say that I can put music, even my friends can connect theirs
Is there anyway I can fix this? Also, in my Settings>general there is a weird sub menu above "reset" it says "Profile: supervision profile but I can't change anything

Also

Al

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrHalfBlood said:
Ok so my school gave me an iPad and I love it! I can download apps directly from the App Store but I can't connect it tomy computer to insert music, games, videos, anything, it won't even charge when connected to my computer.
I connect it via USB and an iTunes pop up comes up saying "this iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer." My school did say that I can put music, even my friends can connect theirs
Is there anyway I can fix this? Also, in my Settings>general there is a weird sub menu above "reset" it says "Profile: supervision profile but I can't change anything

Also

Al

Your computer can only be connected to iTunes on the school computer it's authorized for. You don't have to connect to a computer to load music, you can go to iTunes on your iPad, without using the computer at all. To charge your iPad, use the supplied charger and plug it into a wall socket, connect it to your iPad with the docking cable. Most USB ports on a computer don't supply enough power to charge an iPad.

OP
M

MrHalfBlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing is I don't have any money in my account so buying music is out of the question. And the music on my computer was added before I had an account any help with that? And yes they provided us an outlet to charge so that's not a problem

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The thing is I don't have any money in my account so buying music is out of the question. And the music on my computer was added before I had an account any help with that? And yes they provided us an outlet to charge so that's not a problem
I'm assuming you don't have iTunes Match?Send from my iPad using iPF.net

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrHalfBlood said:
iMac no idea what that is

If you mean iTunes Match, it's a subscription service from Apple that stores your entire music collection, including that not purchased through iTunes, in the Cloud. It can then be synced to all your iOS devices.

OP
M

MrHalfBlood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked it up, and no I'd rather stick to home sharing but how do I get rid of the supervision profile?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrHalfBlood said:
I looked it up, and no I'd rather stick to home sharing but how do I get rid of the supervision profile?

You can't, your school has placed it on the school iPads issued to the students and only your school can remove it.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Also

Al

Your friends have successfully put music in with their home computers? If so you should probably talk to your school's IT department as they could have accidentally put the wrong profile on yours.

tonesaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bit late now but if anyone else wants to know like me....I found a couple of profiles that had been made in settings and deleted them both, then clicked a reset button down the bottom. Restarted the ipad and my computer now asked me different questions about trusting and I oked all that. No complaints after this and all went smoothly. Not sure what my computer admin staff will think of this however.

Most reactions