What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scheduling app for homeschooling mom?

jodskiinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love it if anyone could help me. I am new to the iPad and plan on getting my teens each an iPad 2 to use for their schoolwork. We homeschool and I am looking for an app that I can write up their schedules on. Currently, I have been printing off a page each week and writing up their weekly schedules. Is there something I could use on the iPad, so I don't need to do that?

Ideally, I'd like to have something that enables me to type up their assignments for each subject for any given day. I'd love for them to be able to check it off on their iPads when they have finished it and then email it to me or have it transferred to my iPad when everything is checked off and completed. It would also be great if I could write up their schedules on MY iPad and then somehow transfer each schedule to their own iPads. This would really help with recordkeeping, but I know there probably isn't an app that can do all of that.

Is there something that comes close? Any other great apps for homeschooling high schoolers? Thanks for any help!

Jodi

Reaction score
Does the calendar app offer you enough functionality?

If so, you could set up two gmail accounts on your iPad (#1), the first gmail account also one iPad (#2) and the second gmail account also on iPad (#3). So you end up with your iPad having access to both calendars, while each of your children only see their own calendar. When you create a task in Calendar, you assign it to one of the gmail accounts. The task will then also show up on the iPads calendar, which is synced with the same gmail account.

This is a fairly basic but straight-forward method. There are many other apps, which offer more functionality in regards to scheduling, but are harder to sync across multiple devices, especially if you try to keep tasks separated. For example iStudiezPro has a better weekly overview for the class schedule, but it works more as a standalone app. Actually, iStudiezPro can import the Calendar schedule automatically, but does not support exporting to Calendar.

When using the Calendar, it is a two-way street, every event you add, shows up on the corresponding iPad, either (#2, or #3), but any changes they make show up on your Calendar as well. So for example, you could have the children add a '(complete)' on the name of each finished task. By looking through your calendar, you would thus get a quick overview of which tasks have finished.

This is not fool-proof though, as the tasks can be simply deleted. I am confident, that there are more knowledgable users on this forum, who will be willing to supply you with a wealth of useful information.

Last edited:
OP
J

jodskiinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply. I just checked out the iStudiez Lite and it looks pretty good and while I would LOVE for it to transmit information between all of our iPads, it isn't completely necessary. I can check each kid's iPad daily and write up their schedules using their iPad.

The gmail way sounds a little complicated, although I could be confusing things. Maybe I will check that out as well and choose the best option. If I go the iStudiez Pro route, do I need to purchase the app on each iPad or can I purchase it one time and transfer it to the other iPads by syncing them to the computer? I still don't know how to do that, but I'll figure it out, eventually. Actually, my teenagers could probably show me how to do that! HA! They're so much better with technical things than I am.

Thanks again for your help.

Jodi

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
You can get an app called GeeTasks (there are 3 versions, Lite, Standard and Pro).

Set up a shared Gmail account that will be on all 3 iPads, and put the app on all 3 iPads. The app page in the App Store will show you much more than I can fit here. I think this will be what you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts