What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scan a bar code from ipad screen

wafindotca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good morning everyone
i am seeking some help , in my work we do have ipads that we need to scan there serial number in order to assign them to certain users . the question is there s any way or app just to click in the ipad screen and it will pop up the serial number as Bar code so that i can scan it to check the status of the ipad if its assign or not in my inventory system .
any help will be very appreciated big or Small
thank you for your time

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you mean a QR code? If so, I would recommend Scan QR code reader.

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

OP
W

wafindotca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for replaying to question :)
what i want is something" app or code "that can get or read the internal serial number of the ipad and display it as bar code or QR code so i can be able to scan it from the ipad screen

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, an app could be written to do that.

It would be much easier to just print barcode labels with your iPad serial numbers on them and stick them on the back of your iPads..

Last edited:
OP
W

wafindotca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wondering if i could get some help around her honestly i dont know from where to start .

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wondering if i could get some help around her honestly i dont know from where to start .

What kind of help do you want?

There is no app to do that today.

You could write one if you have iOS application programming experience.

You could pay someone else to to it for you. There are lots of companies out there who do custom iPad apps.

Or you could print labels from your PC and stick them on the units as I suggested.

What more do you need from this forum's members?

OP
W

wafindotca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]thank you "[/FONT]TheWitt[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]" for taking the time to give me theses advice , i do have some experience with programing in Objective C, i was thinking some of the members came in the across of something similar to my problem, and wanna share some solution or suggestion [/FONT]

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suppose you could use a QR (or bar) code creator, then save the results to the lock screen wallpaper. Ugly, but it might scan.

OP
W

wafindotca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose you could use a QR (or bar) code creator, then save the results to the lock screen wallpaper. Ugly, but it might scan.

Thank you for the cleaver idea , I try it until I will come with some code or cteate an app :) wondering how to generate the barcode is it form the iPad it self or form the computer
Thank you again for your time

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are several QR code creation apps in the App Store. I saw few barcode creation apps (searching for 'barcode generator') but none of them had decent reviews.

There are bound to be more options for a computer.

OP
W

wafindotca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found one called bar code generator I am try it
Thank you for your advise it was really a big help

Most reactions

Latest posts