What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

saving shsh ?

bubbaba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just Jailbroke my IPAD for the first time. I have read alot about saving the SHSH in case I need to reformat it or downgrade the firmware, or go back to the original apple firmware.
I am assuming when I clicked on the Make my life easier button when I first started Cydia this saved this. Is this correct or do I need to do something else. I have also read about Umbrella but no not sure.

Also If I need to restore the IPAD or change it back to the Apple firmware how do I retrieve the SHSH to do this? IS the ECID the same as SHSH?

thanks for all the help.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's tons easier to just install the Rock app. You make a username and it keeps track of all your jailbroken apps and you can restore them all from there. iTunes will restore all your Apple apps and Rock app will install all your jailbroken ones.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
open cydia and look at the top for a button that says make my life easier.

you should then see in green on top a message saying your shsh is backed up.

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok after starting Cydia for the first time, i did click on Make My Life Easier. Now when I start Cydia on my iPad I see at the very top: "This device has SHSs on file for iPhone OS/iOS - 3.2.1". I'm guessing that means my SHSH was backed up :) I'm just curious... but what would be the steps if i had to restore my iPad today with FW 3.2.1?

Most reactions

Latest posts