What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving photos from Shared Photo Stream

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get lots of photos from family via shared photo stream. Question is how can I easily save to iPad or iPhone at a reduced size so it won't take up so much space on device? And if I save to camera roll will it take of space in camera roll and shared photo stream?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To save photos from the photo stream to your camera roll, select a photo, click the share button, and select "save to camera roll". It will remain in the photo stream as well, until you delete it.

Hope this helps.

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To save photos from the photo stream to your camera roll, select a photo, click the share button, and select "save to camera roll". It will remain in the photo stream as well, until you delete it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply. I have been doing that but wanted to be able to save in a reduced size??

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. I have been doing that but wanted to be able to save in a reduced size??
Reduced size? I guess you could somehow do that via a desktop photo editing program, but I'm not sure how you'd do that directly from the iPad. How big are the images? Unless they're huge file sizes, I would just save them at normal quality.

ankey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use app "ifile". It allows peoeple to Zip file.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the free app "PhotoPad by ZAGG." There are others, I am sure, but this one allows you to resize photos. You can either re-size them by keeping the same dimensions or change width and height how you will. The few times I've needed to resize a photo, the app has done well, for me.

It also allows you to do a few other things (crop, rotate, etc), but I mainly use it to resize. Maybe it'll work for you...?

Marilyn

Most reactions