What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving images to specific direction.

zompi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I migh be an idiot or I have problems with searching but I can't find the solution to the simple problem.
I have the New iPad (iPad3) and iOS 5.1.1 I have iFile and Safari Download Enabler and I have an jpg image on my browser (Safari). So here is my question: "How save this image to the specific folder (ie. /var/mobile/Images), not to the camera roll?" I've heard about Safari download manager, but it is not supporterd on this iOS version. Is there any tweak to do this?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only solution I know of is to save it to camera roll, and then move the image to the custom folder.

Sent from K48

Edit: Yes I know that does involve camera roll, but that's the only way I know.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the only way I know of, also. Use iFile to copy the photo to where you want it. I would caution you about actually moving the file out of the photo roll, as I've read that it may cause the Photo app to have issues. Just copy it to where you want it, and then go to the Photo app and delete it from there. A bit of a kludge, yes, but - better safe than sorry...

Marilyn

OP
Z

zompi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see... At this time I'm trying to find good alternative for native photo app in iPad (iFile is strangly slow in displaying images and has no thumbnail preview, PhotoAlbums+... well it's really bad) and it would be cool to save images from web directly to the any photo manager directory. Sigh, I think I have to start to learn how to write own tweaks... Anyway, thanks for quick reply.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, no thumbnails for iFile. But, did you know that when you open the first image in the folder with iFile, you can swipe left or right to see the next image? You don't have to close the image viewer to go to the next one.

You still have to go back to select it for copying (although you can easily find it in a long list if you bookmark it). Yeah, not the best for what you seem to need ... never mind. :)

Marilyn

OP
Z

zompi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just reinstall all apps and now when I press "download image" safari shows a page where I can open image in iFile (and this option normally saves it). Previously the image was showed and I could not do anything like this. Maybe there was an update, or maybe I had an unwanted tweak... Well, now it is better, I can skip the camera roll :)

Attachments

• image-540152153.jpg
    image-540152153.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 273

Most reactions