1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Savin purchased apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ipad24meandu, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Ipad24meandu

Ipad24meandu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey All,
    New iPad 2 user here and i wanted to throw this question out there. I have a 16gb wifi only ipad2 and I am trying to conserve memory. Does anyone know if I purchase apps from the app store and later choose to delete them from my iPad, will I lose the app? This probably seems like a basic question, but this is my first apple product and I have not found any literature online that explicit states "no apps will be lost"

Ideally, I would like to remove apps from my ipad2 at my own discretion, knowing that there is no way i can ever lose the app. I would hate to waste money and time on apps. Know what I mean?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,915 / 1
    The app store remembers what apps you've paid for. You can download them again at any time for free. It will look like it is charging you again, but after you hit buy it will come back and tell you you already own it, and ask if you wan to download it again.

You can also sync your apps with iTunes, which will keep a copy in it's library that you can reinstall at any time.
  3. Ipad24meandu

Ipad24meandu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I appreciate the information and your time.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. mobi1

mobi1 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    But how does it remember that I bought the app in this ipad?

Because I can log in to another ipad with my Apple id. Will it allow me to download the app for free in second ipad too?
  5. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    The apps are tied to your account not the device, so it's the account that 'remembers'.
    And yes this means that you can download the app again on a different device using the same account.