What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

save docs on ipad and sync to pc?

billtownson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a teacher, I am interested to find out if i can sync documents, ie excel spreadsheet between my pc and ipad. Can I update and add data to the doc save into dropbox or other area and open..updated on my pc?

Thanks for any advice.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes you can. The trick is to use an app like QuickOfficeHD that has native Dropbox support so that you do not need to use the Open In... function from the Dropbox app. When you open and save directly to and from the Dropbox folder within QuickOffice, the documents are updated automatically.

OP
billtownson

billtownson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers! I have enabled open office to accept the service from dropbox, all fine can see doc but can't seem to edit it. I have missed a setting? Checked not read only

OP
billtownson

billtownson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem now solved, Original doc, excel workbook 2010. When I re-saved it as 97-2003v all enabled and now up and running. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts