What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save and delete photo

nafissis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, greetings and happy new year .....
I have problem with camera roll in photo ipad album. When I save photo from internet or email , photo save to camera roll and next select edit and copy that photo on other albums that I make it.
Khnow I want delet that photo from camera roll , ipad gives message to me this photo share to other albums and when I press ok that photo delete of photo album and camera roll .... !
Would you please help me for this problem ..... I want that photo to be that album not to camera roll ....

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'd have to import them into your computer, arrange them in album folders, then sync to your iPad.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

rgerns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any app which will allow me to delete photos from iPad?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
rgerns said:
Is there any app which will allow me to delete photos from iPad?

Yes, it comes right with it!

image-2561262632.jpg

Upper right corner, the "share"symbol,

image-1591179121.jpg

Then select a photo and press the waste bin.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Did you SELECT a photo?

I'm new to iPad & have had the same problem. I can't get select / delete to work within Camera Roll unless you agree to the drastic red "delete everywhere" thing. For some peculiar reason, this is the only menu option given if you have made copies of a photo, whether or not they are in Camera Roll or moved to other albums.

Just yesterday I stumbled on another workaround (if you don't want the job of transferring to the PC, editing all there & then bringing them back again).

Get the free app "Jpg Story" from Appstore, which is a very basic, simple tool for just naming & saving a photo (saving it by default back as a copy to Camera Roll). It's quick & easy. Best to choose a bold, biggish size font if you want to be able to see the labelling in the thumbnails. Once it has been named, the iPad thinks it's a completely different photo, so you are safe to go ahead with deleting.

From within Camera Roll, depending on what you want to delete, either:
1) delete the named one (which leaves all the original copies both in Camera Roll & in other albums) or
2) delete the original un-named copy (which will delete all the copies, both in Camera Roll & other albums). It will leave the named one in Camera Roll.

Hope that makes sense? There may well be better ways than this, or it might need a bit of fine-tuning.

iPad3,16GB; PC/Win7; S.GalaxyNote; Dig.artist, I.wolfhound nut, anything-reader.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts