What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Satchel

bigandbald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After ordering a New iPad 2 I decided that I needed something to carry my new gadget around in safely, also with the a ability of storing other accessories - such as wireless keyboard and other apple knic knacks. I took a trip to my local apple store and was disappointed with the lack of selection and styles.

I then browsed with the store app on my phone and bingo I found a canvas satchel made by AO Ally Capellino its fantastic if your minted it's worth considering the leather option. I choose the latter at £99.00. The only downside it's another three weeks wait lol

This product has virtually no competitor - hopefully this will save someone else's leather on their shoes' I virtually worn mine out looking. B & B :)

Attachments

• Satchel.png
    Satchel.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 4,122
  • Satchel 2.png
    Satchel 2.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited:

Sw0p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the blue canvas satchel since December last year and I love it. I am able to take my Ipad, IBM Thinkpad (from my work) and all my other stuff in one bag. Still looking for the perfect cover for my Ipad2.

priestman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Waterfield. Just used one of theirs on a trip to Nashville and it was great. They have several products, and videos to show them off.

Sk1zb1t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use a $20 small backpack with plenty of separate decent sized pockets for accessories..i do have a crumpler satchel worth $150+ but found after a while it would give me back/neck issues due to it's unbalanced nature. backpack fixed this instantly obviously distributing weight evenly on both shoulders :) *shrug* something to consider

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a carrying case from Hazard4. I like it a lot, but it lacks the ability to store anything else inside the satchel. It's a really tight fit, in fact I have the Smart Cover from Apple and you have to push it pretty good to get it all the way in. But that same company has a bunch of pouches you could hang on the back or use the velcro. One of our own forum members bought one (I bought mine after reading his review), his thread is here.

The satchel doesn't come with a shoulder strap, so I bought one to match from the same company for $19 shipped. I bought both items through their merchant page on Amazon.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Let's us know how well it works out for you, always looking for a practical case

OP
bigandbald

bigandbald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the blue canvas satchel since December last year and I love it. I am able to take my Ipad, IBM Thinkpad (from my work) and all my other stuff in one bag. Still looking for the perfect cover for my Ipad2.

I have ordered a smart apple cover its available in leather or plastic
the leather option is very expensive but looks great :)

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice Satchel for sure. I opted for a Tom Bihn 'Co-Pilot' which is a small flight carry-on for that intended purpose. Besides, if I'm gonna haul around an iPad, it may as well carry around something else to boot. Also, it doesn't quite yell iPad like some dedicated cases do. The only downside is that I ordered the darn thing' along with a notebook style case/cover so I sure hope it fits! Oh well, 'Risk is the price we pay for opportunity'.

OP
bigandbald

bigandbald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigandbald said:
sure will I should have case delivered on Monday :)
B&B

I promised to let you know when I received my AO Ally Capellion Satchel - it is truly a work of art. From it's tanned leather straps and buckles to fasten, too the highest quality waxed canvass I have ever seen which will age better in time like a Fine vintage wine. The interior is finished in none abrasive green cloth, which has an amazing contrast with the outside. Numerous pockets in side, one to house the iPad2 which is secured by a large leather tanned strap embossed with the OA logo. The tops of the pockets - one of which is for an iPhone is trimmed at the top with again a high quality tanned leather. I can't see a stitch out of place a thread loose a seam miss cut or any floor in the materiel.

There is no competision this is a true designer bag made by a company at the top of it's game.
:)
Buy this product you will not be disappointed.

B&B

Last edited:

Most reactions