What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saludos from sunny Puerto Rico

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um..... Recently bought the iPad primarily as an eBook reader.

Not sure where all the crap about iPad not being a good eBook reader comes from. I think it rocks all over outer space far as that goes. Usual case of I don't wanna shell out for the little slice of awesomeness so I guess I'll just poopoo it instead syndrome if you ask me.

I graduated to the iPad from my old iPod Touch and haven regretted a second. Still have the old iTouch for when I need to travel light. ;)

Anywho.... Hello to all!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Your story is exactly the same as mine. I started reading books with the Kindle app on my iPod Touch and when I saw the iPad, I said, "I gotta get me one of those!". I am reading more books now than I ever did before.

I still have my iPod Touch, but it spends most of its time hooked to the stereo system in the "man cave" so I can listen to HD radio stations through the PocketTunes app instead of buying an HD tuner. Sweet!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
As a long time user of Sony eReaders I second your assessment of the iPad as a excellent reader. While eInk is easy on the eyes and the eReader smaller and lighter there is no better reading experience than that on the iPad. (I have always been a voracious reader and find that I do not read MORE now that I have the iPad but I can say my reading experience is enhanced by it.)

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around. Any question fell free to ask.:)

Hola! ?Como esta? Se no ablas espanol perdon..:p

OP
Wreybies

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around. Any question fell free to ask.:)

Hola! ?Como esta? Se no ablas espanol perdon..:p

No hay que preocuparse de que usted no habla español. ;)

I am Puerto Rican and I live in Puerto Rico, but I was raised and educated in the U.S. I am as American as apple pie... with a side of rice and beans. :D

I work as an interpreter here for the federal court system and I also freelance as a Russian/English interpreter. I was trained in Russian in the USAF.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In that case...

Добро пожаловать на форум!

Моя родословная является украинский, но я считаю, это полезно знать, как говорят на обоих языках.

OP
Wreybies

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In that case...

Добро пожаловать на форум!

Моя родословная является украинский, но я считаю, это полезно знать, как говорят на обоих языках.

Чуть чуть верно! :D

Я учился в военном институте иностранных языков в Монтерее Калифорнии, но это было много-много лет тoму назад.

Еще одно преимущество IPAD. Международная клавиатура! :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Просто ждать, пока "iOS 4.2", которые будут иметь почти все славянские клавиатуры.

Most reactions