What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales application

Tgoodx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in industrial sales and represent many different products. I would like to organize sales material (PDF,word, power point, excel and photos) by each product. I currently have this information in I-books, Keynote, pages. I would like know if there is a way to do this

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac.

Tim

OP
T

Tgoodx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will take a look at Good Reader. Thank you very much for your help

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tgoodx said:
I am in industrial sales and represent many different products. I would like to organize sales material (PDF,word, power point, excel and photos) by each product. I currently have this information in I-books, Keynote, pages. I would like know if there is a way to do this

There are other programs that can be used for salesmen. The most import thing to remember in any sales program is that any program that you use will not do everything you want it to in the way you want it too. The way around this is to create one yourself or with help. FileMaker go for the iPad and iPhone is one way to do this. By creating your data base on a windows PC or on a Mac it can then be ported to your mobile devise, doing exactly what you want it to do. I have used FileMaker to create road warrior programs for catalogs, price lists and PO (active) for a major electronics sales company. Easily incorporating the generating of dealer custom price lists to consumer literature at the point of sale.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

greatrat00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for Blue Orange Apps (Blue Orange Apps | App Showcase) in Panama City, Panama. We made iPO.

It's an app that a bunch of people with sales reps teams, tradeshows, wholesale and retail business have been using. iPO - Catalog & Sales (iPad Catalog App and Sales App -iPO- Trade Show App). It's for iPad. It has a bunch of features a lot of people have found useful, such as:

• Freemium model - very few, or no other apps do this - that I’ve seen. We actually just implemented this to get word of mouth out - like Dropbox did.
  • Very quick to set up. Just fill an Excel sheet and drag product pictures into your Dropbox
  • Pictures are displayed upfront and products are given priority, like a Catalog app should be. No head-akes setting up a bunch of other stuff
  • Really easy to integrate with any CRM through a flat file API - products, clients and orders all importable and exportable with CSV files
  • The app is pretty quick, navigation-wise.
  • Categories, subcategories and even multifiltered subsubcategories
  • Global product search
  • Camera barcode scanning - we’ll be looking into laser barcode scanning soon
  • Interface is really intuitively designed
  • Purchase orders are sent to client and back end office
  • You can sell offline - products are all local on the iPad - this is critical
  • You can take client and sales rep signature with really good digital signature technology

Temp28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might give Evernote a look too. You can save all your files into folders specific to the products and it will save any file type you might need. You can also add notes and links etc to any of the items. It will sync wirelessly across multiple computers and iOS devices automatically so you can set it up on the computer and then access it while on the road from your device.

Most reactions

Latest posts