What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salam and Hi everybody ... Plz help !

muhammedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all ,

I wana ask , how can I use FaceTime on my iPad :( , my dad bought it to me from United Arab UAE , I'm not living there , but I shocked that my iPad don't have FaceTime !!!!! What should I do to activate it ...

Note : I'm not Arab and not living there and using my iPad from my own country ... Hope u help me ... How :( I'm sad .

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have the icon for FaceTime? Did you in Settings for it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPads sold in the UAE don't include FT because of government restrictions. Don't think you can add it, but you could check with Apple.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my, I didn't know that!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

That was something I learned about as well when I first joined. I didn't realize all the restrictions some countries have on apps. We are very lucky to be in the US where there is so much available to us!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
An option would be to open an account on the US iTunes using a gift card. There are details somewhere on this forum on how to do that.

Your problem would be that your contacts would need to do something similar before you could spaek to them.....

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An option would be to open an account on the US iTunes using a gift card. There are details somewhere on this forum on how to do that.

Your problem would be that your contacts would need to do something similar before you could spaek to them.....

The FT app would be needed first. It's a native app, so won't find it in the app store. That's why OP would need to talk to Apple.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If FaceTime is not an option due to local restrictions and is not included in the version of iOS installed then I would recommend looking to a third party app like Skype that can be obtained from the US apple store via iTunes gift card or US based credit card.

Both you and family members with ipad2 or greater could then utilize the camera hardware to do what FaceTime does only through Skype or other video chat app available in the US or other iTunes stores.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The advantage to Facetime is that the app is always on and if someone calls you, it rings and vice versa. However, other than that advantage, Skype is very similar and far more versatile. It is a free app, you can call anyone for free as long as they also have Skype. And the person you want to call does not have to have an Apple product...you can call desktops, laptops, whatever! And to get apps from the US appstore you can get gift certificates online.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you install skype you can go into settings and enable notifications for it. Then your iPad will 'ring' when someone is trying to call you. But as for FaceTime, if you're now living in a country where it's allowed, maybe you can update to the iOS for that country, eg U.S., which would contain FaceTime. I find that with FaceTime the Audio and video are in sync, whereas with Skype they aren't.

OP
muhammedz

muhammedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks you all ...

I understood that my IPad cannot use FaceTime , cuz it's blocked in it , serial number of it and all IPads in UAE are cannot use FaceTime ,

But as I'm not from there ! , why Skype is working well ! And FaceTime isn't working in the same iPad ! ... I think its just stupid thinking from governments there ! ... Who's killing civilians in Syria ...etc , can do anything stupid .

Thanks u all for answer .:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad was manufactured for sale in the UAE.the ability to use FaceTime was never installed.it doesn't matter that you aren't there.

Most reactions

Latest posts