What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safe mode

esseay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has been running on safe mode now and I'd everything I saw to get it off it... Pls pals how else can I remove it frm safe mode don't wanna upgrade

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What were you trying to do, or what Cydia tweaks were you installing before your iPad got stuck in Safe Mode? Did you try to go back to Cydia and remove the latest tweak(s) you had installed to see if that helped?

What are the tweaks you have installed on your iPad right now? Maybe we can look at the list and fell you which one(s) might be giving you trouble.

Oh, before I forget, what version of iPad do you have and what iOS are you running?

Marilyn

OP
esseay

esseay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Txs Mariln.... I have iPad2 and running on OS 4.3.3... It went into safe mode when I tried restoring it to factory settings.... Then I didn't know I can't do that for a jailbroken iPad......

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Txs Mariln.... I have iPad2 and running on OS 4.3.3... It went into safe mode when I tried restoring it to factory settings.... Then I didn't know I can't do that for a jailbroken iPad......

Unfortunately, I think you are out of luck as fair as not upgrading. As you now know, you cannot restore a jail broken iPad to factory settings without breaking the jailbreak. Your only hope now for a working iPad2 is to restore the iPad to iOS 5.1. Unfortunately, you will lose the jail break, but at least you'll have a working iPad.

The best, and easiest way to restore that iPad to iOS 5.1 is to follow the instructions in this sticky: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=52863

If you follow the steps as written, you should have no trouble.

Again, sorry for your situation. But, going up to iOS 5.1 is now your only recourse.

Marilyn

Most reactions