Safari

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by pilgrimav8r, Dec 21, 2015.

1. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Has the latest update 9.2 made safari unstable? I keep getting a page needs to re-load message up in the corner? Almost unworkable on some sites.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    iOS 9.2 should have improved Safari's stability, that's what the information about 9.2 tells.

3. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ta, it was fine before but suddenly it does not seem to be able to load a page without having to do it 3 or 4 times. The only denominator for me is 9.2 last week - just wondering

4. LasJayhawk

LasJayhawk
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I haven't been able to read a thread here in almost a year (since iOS 8.4) on my mini till today. The page would blow up over and over. Someone said to try this:
    Go to settings

General

Accessibility

Reduce Motion -switch OFF

Beats me why it worked but it fixed it for me.

5. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thx Lasjayhawk just looked and its off! My safari is very poor right now - if I try to zoom, scroll or anything really from the page that it opens it its says it needs to load again. The only thing that changed on the iPad was the latest update 9.2.

J.A

I agree it was supposed too but mine certainly isn't an improvement, quite the opposite.

6. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    This particular forum is probably the worst example of bloated web code on the Internet. It's very slow, cranky, jerky, and crammed with useless javascript "features" that choke my iPad. Each page does seem to load twice, possibly to make the worthless "to the top" arrow in the lower right corner work. Hint: NOBODY uses that widget!

I would bail, except for the wonderful community of iPad users here.

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Tapatalk un-bloats everything, at the expence of a few features and learning the app.

I use the the "to the top" arrow quite a bit when using a desktop. On the iPad tapping the time in the status bar works just as well. At any rate I doubt the little arrow is causing the page to reload. Misbehaving ads are the usual cause of page rloads.

I've found the site more stable since I went back to the old, purple theme. It is also easier to read. I think it has more contrast.

8. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sorry TP that loses me in the first sentence. As for lanny?

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Tapatalk is an app that lets you participate in multple forums. Because it bypasses the website, it is does not suffer from the bload, ad overload, and other overhead that comes with some sites. On the other hand it does not support all the forum's features.

On my computer, and more recentlhy on the iPad Pro, I tend to use the website so that I can use all the extras. On my iPhone and the older iPads I mostly use Tapatalk.

10. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It ain't ads--I use Weblock, and don't see any. This forum software is simply too code-heavy for my poor little iPad 3. My other forums use phpBB and vBulletin, which are much, much faster.