What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, got an ipad4. All along been using Safari. Las few days it has almost become unworkable. Example. Select a sight either from Search or Bookmarks and it either only partially loads and stops or doesn't load at all.

To Chrome on there as well and that works fine. Because of that don't think its wifi but checked that as well and it's all set up fine.

Tried clearing Cache and History.
Tried soft reset. Ie Home Button and Powe switch.
Tried clearly task bar at bottom. Ie double click home button.
Tried removing recently installed apps

None of this works

Like Safari because it has autofill.

Am I missing something or is there something else I can try.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, got an ipad4. All along been using Safari. Las few days it has almost become unworkable. Example. Select a sight either from Search or Bookmarks and it either only partially loads and stops or doesn't load at all.

To Chrome on there as well and that works fine. Because of that don't think its wifi but checked that as well and it's all set up fine.

Tried clearing Cache and History.
Tried soft reset. Ie Home Button and Powe switch.
Tried clearly task bar at bottom. Ie double click home button.
Tried removing recently installed apps

None of this works

Like Safari because it has autofill.

Am I missing something or is there something else I can try.

Welcome Borderboy, sounds like your wi-fi to me. The only other thing I suggest is to delete the safari app and reload, it may have become corrupted somehow.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And just to clarify...you cannot delete the Safari app since it is a stock app that comes already installed on the iPad. I believe what you mean is to force Safari to "quit." To do this--double press the home button or do a 4-finger swipe to reveal the apps open. Long press on the apps until they shake and press the "x" in the corner to close the apps out.

Hope that works! :)

OP
Borderboy

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I have done

Thanks but as I said in the post have done both those things. Can't see how wifi is a problem as Chrome works perfectly.Already spoken to bt and router is brand new and the settings are spot on.Problems only occur with Safari not anything else

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but as I said in the post have done both those things. Can't see how wifi is a problem as Chrome works perfectly.Already spoken to bt and router is brand new and the settings are spot on.Problems only occur with Safari not anything else

It's the English laddie, they are undermining the Scottish networks prior to separation. 8). Seriously....you say it partially loads a site then freezes? What happens if you refresh the page? Has it just started doing this? Oh.... and thanks ski, I had a brain cramp there.

OP
Borderboy

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freezing

Yep just started in the last few days. Got rid of any apps (there were only a couple) that I had downloaded in the last week, well before problem started. Only get apps from I store same as anything else.One. Anomolly. I store said the Bear Grylles Survival Run game I've had since day 1 had an update. Went to store and started the update. It locked up. Only way I could get rid of it was to delete the game. Not made any difference to the other problem.Everything else related to WiFi is working fast and normal as always. Just Safari plying up. Think I'll have a large Malt (Lagavulin) and have a think about this.

OP
Borderboy

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Refresh

Sorry didn't say refreshing does nothing. Wonder if chrome likes certain sites better than Safari. Another anomaly. Hard,but I'll try and describe it.Went into a national tv programme site to enter a daily comp. entered the details of the comp ie: answer; my details then you get to bottom of thee page where you have to fill in a usual Capacha (think that's the name) boxes. These were obscured by the web adverts at the bottom of the page. Couldn't move them to get to the capacha . Immediately went into Chrome and entered same site same page. No problem this time. Out of interest went back into Safari and tried the same site. Same problem. Weird

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep just started in the last few days. Got rid of any apps (there were only a couple) that I had downloaded in the last week, well before problem started. Only get apps from I store same as anything else.One. Anomolly. I store said the Bear Grylles Survival Run game I've had since day 1 had an update. Went to store and started the update. It locked up. Only way I could get rid of it was to delete the game. Not made any difference to the other problem.Everything else related to WiFi is working fast and normal as always. Just Safari plying up. Think I'll have a large Malt (Lagavulin) and have a think about this.

Sorry Borderboy....I'm out of ideas, except......I will join you in....

image-1436771248.jpg

......in a wee dram. 8)

Hey forum folks......a little help here eh?

Last edited:
OP
Borderboy

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice one

Excellent dram. Until retiring w one of the Lead Guides at Royal Lochnagar Distillery nr Balmoral on Deeside. Glad to see you appreciate a good dram!Interesting. Followed a link this morning from Mail to a site I wanted to unsubscribe from. Automatically it used Safari. Got so far through the form then it wouldn't proceed. Came out, gave up and followed the link to this site from your mails and again it used Safari but with no probs! Sems to like some sites and not others.Might see if I can make Google Chrome the default Browser.Slante

OP
Borderboy

Borderboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well chaps must be the malt! Went back into Safari and looked at the settings. Way down the bottom Java Script was sert to off! Must
have done that a few days ago by accident. This is why certain things on certain sites were not appearing to work but were ok on
Chrome.
Result all working normal again

Thanks chaps for trying to help much appreciated.

Keep in touch Rob Roy looks like we have something in common.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well chaps must be the malt! Went back into Safari and looked at the settings. Way down the bottom Java Script was sert to off! Must
have done that a few days ago by accident. This is why certain things on certain sites were not appearing to work but were ok on
Chrome.
Result all working normal again

Thanks chaps for trying to help much appreciated.

Keep in touch Rob Roy looks like we have something in common.

There had to be a simple solution. There usually is particularly when you reach the bottom of anything such as Safari settings, Glenlivet 12, or any other fine single malt. Time to buy another bottle, check your settings, etc. slangevar Borderboy. 8)

Most reactions

Latest posts