What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari switch tab gesture

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is something that I stumbled upon a few minutes ago. I was unaware of a gesture that allows us to switch tabs in Safari.. until now. I know that we can pinch a tab in Safari to zoom out and see all open tabs. However, if you pinch just enough so that you can see the edges of adjacent tabs, you can then hold the pinch there, before the full zoom out, and swipe sideways to move to the next tab. I'm unsure of which iOS version first allowed this but I am running iOS 8.3 on an iPad Air 2 and this gesture works perfectly to switch tabs.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen to go to the last or next page.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strange thing yesterday. I had two tabs open and a downloaded pdf on the second. I could only see the pdf 'open with..' if I pinched to see both tabs at once Tapping on the 'pdf' page just gave me a blank screen. Deleted non-pdf page and this made no difference. Gave up in the end.

Most reactions

Latest posts