What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari stopped working correctly on iPad mini with retina

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! Yes, if you backup, it will store the wrong time and you will end up getting the wrong time on the new device.

Before that, what you could try is Settings > General > Reset network settings.

If that doesnt work Settings > General > Reset Location and privacy.

Good luck!

OP
Elliern

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just reset network settings on my mini again and so far it is working.
Keeping fingers crossed it continues to work this time. Last time it did not last. As soon as I plugged it in to charge it reverted back. Not sure if backing up to the cloud has anything to do with it or not. That is set to backup every time I plug in my iPad.

I could not do it on the iPad 2. It says I need a passcode.

Thank you for your help.
Edit:
Sigh.... Did not last even 5 minutes. The set time automatically button tuned off and time changed. At least it kept the date this time. But everything else is still working.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iCloud only backs up once a day, even if it's set to automatically back up. It doesn't create a backup every time you plug in your device to charge it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two questions:

Are the iPads you're using Wi-Fi only?

Did you set up restrictions in Settings - General - Restrictions? If you intend to reset all settings (Settings - General - Reset), this will appear when certain restrictions are enabled:
image.jpg

In this case you'll need to enter the restrictions code.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I do wind up getting a new device. How can I get my photos and apps without synching to my old iPad 2? I am afraid of synching with it since it is corrupted. I have not backed up to iTunes in years. But since both devices are corrupted, don't see how that would help. Hate to lose everything. But looks like that could happen.

If you do not want to restore from a backup you will need to save all your photos and other non-Apple purchases off the iPad to another device, computer, or online.

If you don't have too many photos, you could try using the Shared Photo Stream feature for iCloud. It's a bit too cumbersome to transfer thousands of photos, a couple hundred shouldn't take more than 30 minute or so of organizing.

The Shared Photo Stream albums (not Photos Stream) are permanent, and will sync to any iOS device you enable them on; as long as they use the same Apple ID. Despite the name, you are not required to actually share them.

Flickr is another possibility. Again, time consuming.

DropBox, Google Drive, etc. There are dozens of online storage services you can use, depending on how many pictures you need to store.

Or you can copy them to your computer. If you are using Windows, the iPad should mount as a USB drive. You photos will be in the DCIM folder. On a Mac, you can use the Image Capture app.

Don't forget to save documents from other apps. Go thorough all your apps to make sure you don't miss any. Most will have, as a minimum, the ability to email documents.

OP
Elliern

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Information I needed and will keep.
But......
Yesterday afternoon, both iPads reset themselves.! I have been afraid to say anything, but for whatever reason...and I have no idea how or why...the mini and the iPad 2 started working percectly around 4 pm yesterday.
They were not plugged in. The mini was with me at a meeting and I used the wifi there, but very briefly. Later, when I returned home and went to check email, I saw that the time was correct and the page opened correctly. Then checked my settings and date and time were correct. So I set it to set automatically and it stayed with correct date and time. Then I checked the iPad 2. It too was showing the correct time and date.

Both have been working fine since then. Whoo Hoo! Praying it lasts for good.

Very odd, but hey, I will take it.

Thank you again for all your advice and help. I really appreciate it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good news.

It was probably some kind of network problem involving time servers. Anyway, we can hop that's what it was, and that it does not come back.

Most reactions

Latest posts