What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari - Screen Problem

ess1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently upgraded ipad4 to iOS8 but now find that almost 1/3rd of screen is taken up by a space either for favourites or is blank.
How can I obtain a full sized screen as I had before please.
rgds.

posted from win7-64 desktop!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If you see this in Safari when you open it:
image.jpg

The view will change as soon as you enter a website address in the address/search bar, or tap one of your favorites. The website will take almost the whole screen:
image.jpg

If your problem is different:
Is it possible for you to upload a screenshot, so we're able to help more precisely?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to iPF! Enjoy your time here!

You might be looking at the favourites/history/reading list taking up that part of the screen. In that case, tap the icon that looks like a book on the left side of the address bar, as you see in J.A.'s attachment in her post.

OP
E

ess1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to iPF! Enjoy your time here!

You might be looking at the favourites/history/reading list taking up that part of the screen. In that case, tap the icon that looks like a book on the left side of the address bar, as you see in J.A.'s attachment in her post.

Thank you both very much for your prompt and helpful suggestions.
Tried "the book" which worked.
Not happy with OS8 but, as I normally use only for facepad, will grin and bear changes like the Luddite I am;)

Most reactions