What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari says file d/led but can't find file

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded many files. Safari says the files are downloaded. The program ifile didn't create any directory. I created the directory but didn't make any difference. After the jailbreak my CCK works fine but all browsers use the settings for Safari.

Is there a way to allow any browser not to use the Safari settings?

Please help.

Starman002

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Starman002 said:
I have downloaded many files. Safari says the files are downloaded. The program ifile didn't create any directory. I created the directory but didn't make any difference.

Is the download issue with Safari related to the CCK issue as ifile doesn't seem to work for downloaded files with Safari?

Please help.

Starman002

I'm assuming you have installed safari download plugin?
Using ifile....navigate to
var/mobile/media/downloads and see if your files are there.

OP
S

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starman002 said:
I have downloaded many files. Safari says the files are downloaded. The program ifile didn't create any directory. I created the directory but didn't make any difference.

Is the download issue with Safari related to the CCK issue as ifile doesn't seem to work for downloaded files with Safari?

Please help.

Starman002

I'm assuming you have installed safari download plugin?
Using ifile....navigate to
var/mobile/media/downloads and see if your files are there.
Outl4w, thanks for asking,but yes I have the safari download manager loaded and the safari plugin, but wwith no change.

Starman002

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the dscription for the plugin on cydia states the downloads are placed in the
Var/mobe/media/downloads folder.....
So they are not in this folder?

Personally I use atomic browser that has a download manager built in.

OP
S

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the dscription for the plugin on cydia states the downloads are placed in the
Var/mobe/media/downloads folder.....
So they are not in this folder?

Personally I use atomic browser that has a download manager built in.
Outl4w, just to cut to the chase, I have a jailbroke iPad 1 and ifiles and downloads via safari works just fine. I can download files just fine when I use Cydia & edit by moderator - no discussion of pirated apps. But downloads through Perfect Browser, which seems pretty good, download the same way as safari. But thanks for trying to help. Starman002

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts