What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Resetter - Clean Up Safari Data (Free)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For various reasons, I don't like SBSettings (the main reason is that it looks awful on the iPad). So, I use NCSettings. I want toggles, but I don't want an unattractive, off-center view in my Notification Center. Heck, it's ugly enough thanks to Apple making a hash of it...

The problem is, if I had SBSettings, I would have access to a toggle called "Reset Safari." One tap of the toggle and everything Safari related was cleared. And, no tweak that had toggles had this particular one - it wasn't in NCSettings, Auxo, etc. It was not available.

For me, it sure would have been easier to press a toggle, once, than to go to the Safari tab in Settings and go through the reset and cookie clear process. Yes, I'm all about convenience and ease of use. :)

Anyway - without SBSettings, there was no easy way to clear out the Safari browsing history. Until today, when a random (wildly hopeful?) search on Cydia revealed this tweak.

Safari Resetter (Free)

Cydia Description: Reset Safari’s Cookies, History and Data at the tap of a button! Resetting Safari cannot be any easier or faster. You can also reset Safari through terminal. Just type in “resetsafari” (without quotes) into terminal! Safari Resetter also clears Safari Download Manager’s downloads view!

It's not a Mobile Substrate tweak and it doesn't hook into your iPad's system. It's similar to installing an app from the AppStore (you get an icon on the springboard and don't have to respring) However, oh, what it does!

Here's a screenshot what you get when you launch the tweak:

Yes, it's an iPhone tweak, but it works fine on the iPad (you can 2X/upsize it if you want; but it's not necessary to run properly).

When you launch the app, it automatically runs to remove the Safari data. When it's finished clearing Safari, you get this:

And, with that message, that's it. All the Safari history is gone, cookies are gone and all tabs have been cleared. Very effective for a one tap launch.

So, that's it. But, I'm quite pleased with it and am so glad I found it. Hope you will like it too.

Marilyn

XxxBattousaixxX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I also just use iPad, iPad smack I experienced anything like this ... anyway this post is very helpful
^_^

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you. It hasn't been updated since March 2013, which was before iOS 7 was released.

I have not reinstalled it on my iPad Air because I'm still waiting for Mobile Substrate to get updated. So, again, I don't know. My suggestion would be to ask the developer...

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just tested Safari Resetter out. Does not work at the moment on the iPhone. Will test for the iPad to see if it makes a difference.

vicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried on ipad.. Installs but does not seem to do anything

Most reactions

Latest posts