What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari redirecting

gillykoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
please can you help I am new to this even though I am 65 years old

I have bought myself an ipad2 and enjoy very much, but I now have a problem can you help.
Everytime I go into Safaria it redirects me, I havecleared all my history, cookiesand cache several timesandstill it will not change.
Haveyou any ideas ashow to correct this

gillykoi

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this happen with a specific website or whatever website you try to visit?

Let us know and we'll try and help!!

65 is young, by the way. One of our Members is over 100 years old.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - try this.

Return to the Home screen.
Double click the Home button to open the multi-task bar.
Now press and hold any icon in the bar until they all start to jiggle.
Now touch the upper left hand corner of the Safari icon - this will completely shut Safari down (but not delete it).
Now press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar and then try Safari again and see if the problem persists.

Good Luck...

Tim

OP
G

gillykoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redirecting

Hi. I had tried that, it did not alter things.
I happen to be on the phone tp apple so i spoke the them about and they tried various things, in the end i just restored it. The only problem with that was my main computor had stopped working so I was linking to my laptop which only had limited info on. I then returned to my main computor and temp repaired it( cannot turn it of as it will not come back on) Ipad all up and working again.
Thanks for the help

Most reactions