What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problems

Khloe Marie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone having problems with safari? Neither my iPhone or ipad are right. Says can not connect to server. Thank you for any help

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Khloe Marie said:
Anyone having problems with safari? Neither my iPhone or ipad are right. Says can not connect to server. Thank you for any help

Hello Khloe Marie,

First of all, welcome to the forums. You will find that we are a very helpful bunch. If you have any questions or comments please don't be afraid to post. Thank you.

Now, I suggest that one of the first things you do is to read the forum rules etc. Links to useful sections follow :-

The forum rules may be found here.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...pp/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

The IPad manual is here.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Try these informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html

I have had that problem with Safari at times. For some reason it cannot find the link to a website which you have requested. My fix is to search for the website and open another link. Alternatively, remove the tail end section of the link - edit the link you have found - to move back to the home page of the website, and then browse or search the website for the page you are after.

HTH

Richard

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rocki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Khloe Marie said:

Hi,

Specify a problem . Are you trying to connect specific site? Whole internet dont work? Connnected via 3G of wifi? Other stuff works? Apple store, mail?

OP
K

Khloe Marie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ! No not really its just when I go to safari it just says that It has happened before but comes back soon but been a few days now. I do have the 3G I did just get hot spot. Would that have anything to do with it! Thank you

OP
K

Khloe Marie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you but I'm new at this ;) and not sure what you mean. Seems this happened to both iPhone and ipad after I got hot spot which might not even have anything to do with it

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Khloe Marie said:
Thank you but I'm new at this ;) and not sure what you mean. Seems this happened to both iPhone and ipad after I got hot spot which might not even have anything to do with it

Khloe,

Does Safari give up with whatever site you are trying to open, or is it just some sites?

Have you tried searching the forums for threads which discuss safari? There are a number of safari related threads. I suggest you search post titles only for safari.

Rocki's reply and your response indicate that you may be experiencing broadband speed issues at some hot spots. How does safari behave when you connect at home? Is safari OK from home?

I hope some more of us can help here.

Richard

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

rocki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Khloe Marie said:

I think it may be the reason. Are you doing hotshop from iphone? Both ipad and ihone has 3G? But lets start again. Restart both devices and turn off hotspot. Now, does the internet works fine without hotspot? From the device you doing hotspot?
Hotspot is not the best way to share internet beause its for temporaly solution not for everyday use. Let me know, does internet works without hotspot?

OP
K

Khloe Marie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to be one site that I know of. A local place here in town but my friends are not having problems. It won't pull up on my computer either so would hot spot have anything to do with my computer ? I do not have hot spot turned on. Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts